Reports to:Director, Theban Mapping Project (TMP)
Purpose:The holder of this position will coordinate and support all activities of TMP in Cairo, Luxor and outside of Egypt as well as oversee all TMP personnel. He/she should have experience with Egyptian bureaucracy (especially the Ministry of Antiquities and the Ministry of Defense), and knowledge of AUC and University administration and accounting requirements in general.
- Prepare, revise, monitor and update official paperwork and information with the Ministry of Antiquities (MOA) as well as publishers and TV companies
- Coordinate all official paperwork for all TMP projects with government offices
- Facilitate and help Egyptology projects in the military zone, help the directors and the team members to obtain the military security clearance, national security, state security and the ministry of environment approval
- Follow up with the Ministry of Antiquities (MOA) until the project receive the approval to work on the site
- Submit and translate the final report for the Ministry of Antiquities (MOA)
- Help to get free antiquities passes for the project directors and students
- Coordinate with ARCE offices in Egypt and USA as well as foreign missions in Egypt and abroad in order to prepare proposals, narrative and financial reports and prepare and monitor budgets for joint projects
- Oversees all library functions in Luxor including purchasing, budgets, monitoring and reconciliation of cash accounts, overseeing personnel, managing donations and all official paperwork
- Translation of official documents
- Manage the official TMP office schedule and the director’s schedule
- Arrange all official travel and accommodations for all TMP personnel in Cairo, Luxor, USA and Europe
- Responsible for preparing, revising, monitoring, updating and reconciling TMP budgets
- Coordinate with AUC offices in order to prepare narrative and financial reports, prepare and monitor budgets
- Manages the petty cash account including paying and filing receipts and reconciling statements
- Coordinate external purchases of books, materials and office and field supplies with local businesses
- Managing TMP account in Luxor including legal documents, general payments and account reconciliation and monitoring
- Preparing all payments for local and foreign contractors
- Coordinate with publishers to edit, proofread, translate and process payments and paperwork
- Perform various routine, clerical, administrative and general office duties involving transcripts, typing, record and file organization, internal and external mail coordination and distribution and telephone reception
- Oversees generation of TMP materials, updates, handouts and website content
- Coordinates Library assets, supplies and equipment including purchasing and shipping
- Purchase, monitor and repair all office computers, equipment, office and field supplies
- Coordinate shipping in Egypt and to the United States
- Coordinate trip arrangements, correspondence, in-kind, book and financial donations with donors
- Perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities required by the director
Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Experience with Egyptian bureaucracy (especially the Ministry of Antiquities and the Ministry of Defense)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with a wide range of people including distinguished guests, university administration, faculty, staff and students
- Strong computer skills in accounting software, MS Word, MS Power-point and MS Excel
- Professional on SAP software accounting system
- Ability to work independently
The position is open until February 10, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, follow the link below and apply:
Senior Coordinator, Theban Mapping Project
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
Ph D Student In Ancient History, ETH, Switzerland, 8 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Humanities Salary CHF 0 / Entry date February 1, 2021 per Date ...
Postdoc Position In Roman Egyptian Archaeology, ETH, Switzerland, 8 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Humanities Salary CHF 0 / Entry date Fe...
Ph D Position In Profile Dynamics Of Man Made Beaches In Mixed Energy Coastal Environments (1.0 Fte), Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 6 days ago
We are searching for a competent and curious candidate interested in a 4-year PhD in the field of Coastal Engineering. The available position is one of two PhD positions within the EURECCA project...
Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
The Opportunity The Graduate Studies Deanship Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist who is a critical member of the graduate enrollment manageme...
Ph D Position 'Intelligence And Law' (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
PhD position 'Intelligence and Law' (1,0 fte) Functie The Utrecht School of Law will be appointing a PhD researcher in law for a period of four years. The PhD project we pursue is about ‘Intellige...
Ph D Position In Dynamics Of Mixed Sands At Manmade Beaches In Mixed Energy Coastal Environments (1...., Utrecht University, Netherlands, 9 days ago
As part of a joint project between Utrecht University (UU) and the Technical University Delft (TUD), we seek a highly motivated candidate for a PhD position within the field of coastal morphodynam...