Reports to:Associate Director, Professional Development
Purpose:The job holder will provide a sustainable framework for the day-to-day operations of the professional development program’s activities. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of the set strategic plan of the program with its three divisions (online learning, open enrollment and tailored programs) under the supervision of the associate director for professional development. The job holder will manage the design, implementation and delivery of all the offered courses and certificates in addition to student course planning, and advising. The job holder will work closely with the instructors and teaching assistants while designing the courses and support the students with all inquiries. The job incorporates financial and administrative responsibilities in addition to customer service needs that require availability even after working hours.
- Ensure that quality of instruction is being offered throughout the programs by supervising and monitoring programs and courses
- Work with the associate director on planning, piloting and implementing new programs
- Plan, coordinate and execute the workflow to ensure delivery of timely and accurate material on the online learning management system “Moodle”
- Supervise the production of the online courses
- Conduct recruitment activities to increase enrollments in all certificates
- Manage under the supervision of the associate director any program/certificate/diploma assigned to the professional development program
- Conduct outreach campaigns among stakeholders and in the community to increase awareness about the program and activities
- Orient instructors on program material
- Handle instructor and learner’s problems
- Manage the instructors and teaching assistants’ payments on SAP with related departments at AUC
- Conduct the orientation sessions and boot camps for new instructors
- Monitor instructors’ performance and report to the associate director on problems
- Implement new business growth strategies to increase enrollment in all certificates
- Monitor the social media platforms to ensure proper follow-up
- Assist in the preparation of the part-time instructors hiring roster
- Manage the scheduling of classes in coordination with other designated division
- Oversee the coordinator of the program regarding student advising and registration on Banner
- Report to associate director on all student petitions and cases
- Assist in the selection of course materials and the preparation of the annual program materials order
- Prepare statistical reports to assess the overall success of the program
- Assist in writing the annual reports of the program
- Assist on special events focused on engaging and promoting the program
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BA in mass communication or related fields
- MA or MBA is a preference
- Six to eight years of experience in managing and marketing educational programs
- Preferred experience in business development and customer relationship management
- Strong communication skills to interact with a diverse population of students
- High level of commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent team worker, initiative taker, high sense of confidentiality, high oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify market opportunities and grow business volume
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to be self-motivated is essential
- Excellent computer skills with experience in mastering Microsoft office and high knowledge of web surfing and internet usage
- Good knowledge and designing skills of computer graphics for promotion materials mainly on Photoshop
- Advanced skills on social media tools
- Knowledge of shooting and editing is an asset
- Knowledge of Banner and SAP is an asset
- Excellent English and Arabic both spoken and written
The position is open until February 9, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
If interested, follow the link below to apply:
Officer, Professional Development Program
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."
Self Help Student Leadership Assistant For Andrew Goodman Ambassador, East Carolina University, United States, 17 days ago
Position Details Position Information Advertising Department STUDENT INVOLVEMENT & LEADERSHIP Academic Term/Year Summer and Fall - 2020 Position Title Self-Help - Student Leadership Assistant for ...
Ph D In Management International Phd Programme With Skema Business School (France) English ... (# Of Pos: 6), Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, Italy, 8 days ago
The aim of the 36th cycle of the PhD in Management is the acquisition of in-depth knowledge of the contents and methods within the fields of administration and finance, and public and private bus...
Uh Men’s Head Basketball Coach (Uh Hilo) (#81475) Position Description, University of Hawai`i at Hilo, United States, 14 days ago
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Human Resources > Position Vacancies UH Hilo, Athletics, full-time, permanent, general funds, to begin approximately July 2020, pending position clearance and a...
Institutional Support, Pba (Admin & Fiscal Support Sp) (#77455 T) Position Description, University of Hawai`i at Hilo, United States, 15 days ago
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Human Resources > Position Vacancies UH Hilo, Upward Bound Program, full-time, federal funds, temporary to begin approximately May 2020, pending position cleara...
Ph D Fellow In Deep Learning For 3 D Point Clouds, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
Department of Computer Science Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Computer Science (DIKU) at the University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in deep learning ...
Ph D Position Developing Climate Ready Apple Production Systems In Switzerland (Response Dp, Esr 11), ETH, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1...