The Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is seeking top early-career researchers for a number of attractive one to three year postdoctoral positions.
The application deadline is November 15, midnight local time, 2020, and starting date in 2021, ordinarily September 1 or October 1
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment are according to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The salary is very competitive, depending on seniority, the starting salary is currently up to DKK 437.843 (app. EUR 58,400 EUR/year) including annual supplement plus pension up to DKK 74.871 (app. EUR 9,983/year). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible. Potential applicants from outside of Denmark can find information about life in Denmark - including taxation, healthcare, etc. – at https://ism.ku.dk/salary-tax-pension/
The teaching load is typically two quarter (half-semester) courses per year of which one usually is as a teaching assistant.
The Department of Mathematical Sciences has strong research groups in many areas of mathematics, and has an active postdoc and visitors' programme; we refer to our homepage for more information.
Applicants in all areas of mathematics covered by the research groups of the department will be considered. In particular there will be postdoc stipends in the following specific areas/centers of the department:
- Algebraic and Arithmetic Geometry, Combinatorics, Geometry and Geometric Analysis, Number Theory, Representation Theory, and Topology as covered by the Section for Algebra & Geometry and the Copenhagen Center for Geometry & Topology (GeoTop) .
- Functional analysis, operator algebras, descriptive set theory, harmonic and classical analysis, history of mathematics, mathematical physics, partial differential equations and quantum information theory as covered by the section Analysis and Quantum and the Center for the Mathematics of Quantum Theory (QMATH) .
- The Mathematical Biology group (MBIO) , covering research topics in various areas of applied math and statistics in biology.
About your application
The application must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Please note that the materials that should be considered in the assessment must be attached the application APPLY NOW below.
When filling out the form, please include the following pdf documents:
- Cover Letter
- CV: Please upload a 1-3 page CV, including list of publications.
- Diploma: Please upload your Master and PhD diploma. If you do not yet have a PhD diploma, please just upload a pdf stating your (expected) PhD date.
- Publications: Please do not upload any publications. Make them available on a preprint server, eg. the arXiv, or on your homepage instead.
- Teaching portfolio: Please do not upload anything (include teaching info in CV).
- Research plan: Please upload a 1-4 page summary of your past research and future plans.
- List of publications: Please do not upload anything (include your list of publications in your CV instead).
- References: Please include the names and contact information of 2-3 recommenders.
An assessment committee will be appointed to evaluate the applications. The final selection of a successful candidate will be made by the Head of Department, based on the recommendations of the assessment committee. We expect to send invitations for interviews in December 2020 or January 2021. The interviews will typically take place in January and Februar of 2021, and our search is expected to be concluded around April, 2021.
University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
The application deadline is November 15, 2020, midnight local time (11:59pm CET). Applications or supplementary material received thereafter will not be considered.
Questions regarding your application can be directed to email@example.com . You are also welcome to directly contact any faculty member close to your research area.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
Two Postdoctoral Position In Strings, Quantum Fields And Geometry, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively...
Two Postdoctoral Position In Strings, Quantum Fields And Geometry (# Of Pos: 2), Uppsala universitet, Sweden, 10 days ago
We are advertising an opening for two postdoctoral positions in strings, quantum fields, and geometry at the Department of Mathematics at Uppsala University. The Department of Mathematics at Uppsa...
Two Postdoctoral Position In Strings, Quantum Fields And Geometry, Uppsala University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Published: 2020-11-12 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to ...
Ph D Positions In Pure Mathematics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 6 days ago
(ref. BAP-2020-823) Laatst aangepast : 25/10/2020 Financed by the long term Methusalem funding, the KU Leuven research groups in pure mathematics collaborate within the research project "Classific...
Postdoc Positions In Pure Mathematics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 6 days ago
(ref. BAP-2020-788) Laatst aangepast : 25/10/2020 Financed by the long term Methusalem funding, the KU Leuven research groups in pure mathematics collaborate within the research project "Classific...
Postdoc Positions In Pure Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, Belgium, about 16 hours ago
We are looking for motivated post-doctoral researchers with a strong research record in one of the following areas of pure mathematics. Algebraic geometry Classical analysis Differential geometry ...