Department of Food and Resource Economics (IFRO) is inviting applications for PhD scholarships to start up from 1 October 2020 or later in 2020.
IFRO carries out pure basic and applied social science research and have a number of educational and public sector advisory service responsibilities within our thematic fields. We are characterized by a high involvement in interdisciplinary research at both international and national levels.
The relevant research areas for the PhD scholarships are within the following thematic areas covered by the four larger research groups at IFRO:
- Environment and natural resources, which includes the economic regulation of environmental externalities and natural resource use, environmental valuation methods, energy economics, behavioural economics, environmental sociology and governance, conflict resolution, climate change policies, forest economics and management, fishery economics, biodiversity conservation, and environmental ethics
- Production, markets and policy, which include production economics, applied micro-economics, efficiency analysis, innovation, management science, organization and ownership, policy design and analysis, business economics, agricultural and food economics and policy, trade negotiations and agreements, and the impact of international trade on food and natural resources
- Consumption, bioethics and regulation, which includes food economics, food sociology and policy, law, consumer behaviour and policy, nutritional policy studies and nutritional sociology, public health economics and policy in both the human and the animal science fields. It also includes ethics and value aspects of food production, nutritional policy, animal husbandry, companion animals, veterinary practice, and the management of the environment and of natural resources
- Global development, which includes development economics and policy, political economy/ecology, governance problems, measuring the effectiveness of development assistance, the alleviation of poverty, living conditions, the impact of climate change and ways to adapt to it, natural resource management, and conflict resolution
Questions can be asked to Deputy Head of Department for Research, Jette Bredahl Jacobsen +45 3533 1746, email@example.com , or to Head of Department Bo Jellesmark Thorsen at +45 3533 1700, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The position is available for a 3-year period and your key tasks as a PhD student at SCIENCE are:
- To manage and carry through your research project
- Attend PhD courses
- Write scientific papers and the other parts of your PhD thesis
- Teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for some months, preferably abroad
- Work for the department according to the terms of appointment
Applicants should hold an MSc degree related to the thematic areas mentioned above with good results and good English skills. As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications, emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any), relevant work experience and the potentials of the applicant’s proposed non-binding research project.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 331,125 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Cover Letter, including a motivation (maximum 1 page) and description of a suggested non-binding research project indicating your field of interest (maximum 2 pages)
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
The deadline for applications is 24 June 2020, 23:59 GMT +2.
Applications received after the deadline for applications will not be considered.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee. Afterwards an assessment committee will be appointed to evaluate the selected applications. The applicants will be notified of the composition of the committee and the final selection of a successful candidate will be made by the Head of Department, based on the recommendations of the assessment committee and the interview committee.
General information about PhD programmes at SCIENCE is available at https://www.science.ku.dk/phd .
The main criterion for selection will be the research potential of the applicant and the above mentioned skills. The successful candidate will then be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD school of Science.
You can read more about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/ .
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
Ph D Student In Labor Economics , Umeå University, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
The Department of Economics at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics wishes to appoint one PhD student in Economics with an orientation towards Labor Economics. The research project co...
Ph D Student In Environmental And Energy Economics , Umeå University, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
The Department of Economics at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics wishes to appoint a PhD student in Economics with an orientation towards Environmental and Energy Economics. The re...
Notice Of Open Competition For Admission To Ph D Programs Related To The 36th Cycle Academic Year... (# Of Pos: 48), UNIVERSITA&#039; DEGLI STUDI DI TERAMO, Italy, 2 days ago
Notice of Open Competition for Admission to PhD Programs Related to the 36th Cycle - Academic Year 2020/2021 The three-year PhD programs listed below are activated, for the academic year 2020/2021...
Ph D Position Measuring Progress Of The Circular Economy, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
MEASURING PROGRESS OF THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY (ref. BAP-2020-493) The research group “sustainability assessments of materials and circular economy” (SAM) brings together researchers who are motivated...
Full Time Academic Position In « Health Innovation & Society », Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium, 10 days ago
Faculté de medecine et SOLVAY BRUSSELS SCHOOL-ECONOMICS & management Reference: 2020/A093 Application Deadline: 29/07/2020 Starting date: 01/10/2020 Job description Full time academic position in...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder In The Field Of Microbial Cleantech For Urine Treatment In Space. , University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 2 hours ago
Department : Department of Bioengineering Regime : Full-time The Department of Bioscience Engineering in the Faculty of Science is looking for a full-time (100%) Doctoral scholarship holder in the...