Project and job description
The PhD student will analyze large-scale single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomics data from different stages of embryonic development and adult tissues (both mouse and human). The project aims to identify and characterize novel cell cycle and cell-state regulators from single-cell genomics data, for in vivo validation. The candidate is expected to analyze a variety of bulk and single-cell functional genomics data (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq etc. and multi-omics data) and perform integrative analysis.
We are a young, inter-disciplinary, international team (started in 2018) of experimental and computational biologists (one postdoc, one PhD and two master students) working on different aspects of single-cell biology, embryonic development and computational method development. We closely collaborate with international and national researchers. The candidate is expected to learn and draw from the expertise within the group, unit and department.
• Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Omics or equivalent field. Candidates with a degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or relevant fields would be also considered, if they can demonstrate strong technical and computational competence.
• Strong expertise and competence in programming (Python, R, machine learning).
• Experience in analyzing bulk/single-cell genomics data and applied statistics.
• We expect the applicants to be ambitious and independent, while collaboratively working within interdisciplinary environment.
• The applicant must have good organization and communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English.
Further information and informal queries can be addressed to Assistant Professor Kedar Natarajan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Susanne Mandrup (email@example.com).
Application, salary etc.
Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check links for more information on salary and taxation .
The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Application must be in English and made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box "Application form")
• Detailed CV with summarised education, positions, work experience and personal contact information. CV should also include details of minimum two referees, including their full name, address and phone number.
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• List of any publications
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
Shortlisting may be used in the assessment process.
Further information about the PhD-study can be found at the homepage of the University .
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link "Apply online". Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Two Postdoc Positions In Single Cell Multi Omics To Study Stem Cell And Developmental Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 12 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2020-72) Laatst aangepast : 7/02/2020 The Laboratory of Cellular Reprogramming and Epigenetic Regulation headed by Vincent Pasque is located at the University Hospital Campus, Leuven, Be...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In The Field Of Ras Cancer Cell Biology (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 7 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Cancer Cell Biology Group (Prof. Dr. Daniel Abankwa) at the Department for Life Sciences and Medicine, Faculty of Science, Technology ...
Ph D Student Fhml/School For Cardiovascular Diseases/Carim Department Pathology, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 28 days ago
PhD-student FHML/School for Cardiovascular Diseases/CARIM-Department Pathology PhD-student FHML/School for Cardiovascular Diseases/CARIM-Department Pathology Published Deadline Location today 9 Fe...
Postdoc Position In Using Human Pluripotent Stem Cell (I Psc) Based Models To Study Alzheimer Disease Pathogenesis In Vitro , Masaryk University, Czech, 4 days ago
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in Using human pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-based models to study Alzheimer’s disease pathogenes...
Ph D Candidate In B Cell Immunology, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 3 days ago
The Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences (SILS) is an institute of the Faculty of Science . Its research is centred on four themes: Cell & Systems Biology Neurosciences Microbiology and Green L...
Ph D Position To Study The Molecular Regulation Of Innate Immune And Cell Death Pathways, VIB, Belgium, about 3 hours ago
Job description We are looking for a motivated and talented student to unravel the function of receptor-interacting kinase 1 (RIPK1) in cell death and inflammation. RIPK1 has emerged as a major si...