PhD study programme: Physiology, Pathological Physiology, Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry
Form of the study: PhD full-time study
Workplace: Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University
Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Markéta Bébarová, MD, PhD
Many drugs used in clinical practice show adverse side effects including genesis of arrhythmias. Mechanism of their proarrhythmic action, i.e. of their action on cardiac electrophysiology, is often unknown. These proarrhythmic adverse effects limit clinical use of the drugs and endanger health and possibly also the lives of patients treated with them. The content of this dissertation will be analysis of the effect of a selected drug (for example the bronchodilator aminophylline usually used to treat asthma attacks) on cardiac cell/tissue electrophysiology (whole cell patch clamp technique and/or multielectrode array). Enzymatically isolated cardiomyocytes of rat, pig and human as well as human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSC)-derived cardiomyocytes will be used within the project. The aim of this study will be to master the necessary methodologies and, using them, to analyse changes in cardiac electrophysiology in the presence of the selected drug.
Grant Support: Grant Agency of MU – Specific Research, external grant project submitted
Availability of Workload or Project Financing (beyond the scholarship from MU):
Scholarship from the Specific Research at MU, workload from a grant project if assigned. Workload from the institutional budget is at discretion of the head of the department after the student is involved in teaching.
Brief requirements for the student according to current requirements of the doctoral board:
- completion of compulsory courses
- completion of compulsory internship abroad (at least 1 month-stay) or participation in an international project with results published/presented abroad or other form of direct participation on an international cooperation
- at least one first author publication in a journal with IF above the median IF in the field (or two first author publication in a journal with IF in Q3)
- participation in teaching of undergraduate students
- good passive as well as active knowledge of English
- basic knowledge of Czech beneficial
Assoc. Prof. Markéta Bébarová, MD, PhD (email@example.com )
- publication activity: 44 papers in extenso (29 in journals with IF - 25 original research papers and 4 review papers), h-index 10
- grant projects: e.g. AZV (16-30571A; 2016-2020); IGA MZd (NT14301-3/2013; 2013-2015); Grant Agency of MU (e.g. MUNI/A/1246/2020, MUNI/A/1307/2019); Internal Project of LF MU (MUNI/11/SUP/07/2020, MUNI/11/SUP/18/2020)
- international cooperation in the field of study: prof. Torsten Christ (University Medical Centre Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany), prof. Paul G.A. Volders, dr. Jordi Heijman (Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands), Dr. Georges Christé (Inserm, Lyon, France)
- supervised PhD students/PhD graduates: 2/0
Ph D Candidate (M/W/D), E13/65 % , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 22 hours ago
11.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a PhD candidate (m/w/d) who wants to employ cutting-edge single-cell fate mapping to decipher how CD4 T cells adapt to chronic infection ...
Ph D Position Molecular Pharmacology (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Organisation Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research...
Ph D Position Molecular Pharmacology (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 8 days ago
The Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering has a position for a PhD candidate in the department of molecular pharmacology. The project is funded ...
Engineering Post Doctoral Position To Advance Single Organoid Analysis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 6 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term This project is pa...
Postdoctoral Scholarship In Vivo Drug Discovery For Beta Cell Regeneration, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research group The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts ...
Postdoctoral Researcher (Or Ph D Student) In Neuroimaging Neurophotonics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 21 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-727) Laatst aangepast : 1/10/2021 P. Vanden Berghe is responsible for the Lab. for Enteric NeuroScience (LENS) and the Cell & tissue Imaging Cluster (a KUL core facility). Apart fro...