PhD study programme: Physiology, Pathological Physiology, Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry
Form of the study: PhD full-time study
Workplace: Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University
Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Michal Pásek, PhD
Consultant: Assoc. Prof. Markéta Bébarová, MD, PhD
The heart failure is characterized by an insufficient cardiac output, that is not able to fulfil metabolic demands of tissues, despite filling of the ventricles is sufficient. For effective and targeted treatment of the heart failure in clinical practice, it is essential to understand the underlying changes of cellular and subcellular processes in cardiomyocytes. The goal of this study will be to mathematically formulate changes in membrane transport processes and excitation-contraction coupling in failing cardiomyocytes (based on available experimental data) and, using quantitative simulations on the mathematical model, to explain consequences of these changes for cellular electromechanical activity.
Grant Support: Grant Agency of MU – Specific Research, external grant project submitted
Availability of Workload or Project Financing (beyond the scholarship from MU):
Scholarship from the Specific Research at MU, workload from a grant project if assigned. Workload from the institutional budget is at discretion of the head of the department after the student is involved in teaching.
Brief requirements for the student according to current requirements of the doctoral board:
- completion of compulsory courses
- completion of compulsory internship abroad (at least 1 month-stay) or participation in an international project with results published/presented abroad or other form of direct participation on an international cooperation
- at least one first author publication in a journal with IF above the median IF in the field (or two first author publication in a journal with IF in Q3)
- participation in teaching of undergraduate students
- good passive as well as active knowledge of English
- basic knowledge of Czech beneficial
Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Michal Pásek, PhD (email@example.com )
- publication activity: 86 papers in extenso (30 in journals with IF - 28 original research papers and 2 review papers), h-index 12
- grant projects: e.g. AZV (16-30571A; 2016-2020); IGA MZd (NT14301-3/2013; 2013-2015)
- international cooperation in the field: Dr. Georges Christé (Inserm, Lyon, France), Dr. Leonardo Sacconi (University of Florence, Italy)
Consultant: Assoc. Prof. Markéta Bébarová, MD, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- publication activity: 44 papers in extenso (29 in journals with IF - 25 original research papers and 4 review papers), h-index 10
- grant projects: e.g. AZV (16-30571A; 2016-2020); IGA MZd (NT14301-3/2013; 2013-2015); Grant Agency of MU (e.g. MUNI/A/1246/2020); Internal Project of LF MU (MUNI/11/SUP/07/2020, MUNI/11/SUP/18/2020)
- international cooperation in the field: prof. Volders, dr. Heijman (Maastricht University, Netherlands)
Doctoral Student In Medical Science Mechanisms Behind Onset Of Chronic Kidney , University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 53 500 students and 6 500 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...
Two Postdoc Positions In Organic Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Postdoc Department of Chemistry Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering two postdoc fellowships in organic s...
Postdoctoral Position In Multiomics Data Integration, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Department: RECETOX – Faculty of Science Deadline: 31 Oct 2021 Start date: upon agreement The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the Postdoctor...
Ph D Position: Innovation Strategies And Policy Approaches To Support The Transition To A Clean Energy System , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 8 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term Within the Europea...
Ph D Fellowship In Computational Biology For Food And Health Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Department of Food Science invites applicants for a PhD fellowship in Computational biology for food and health. The project is part of the research project First principal models, neural networks...
Ph D Fellowship In Human Physiology Phenotyping , University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports invites applicants for a PhD fellowship in deep phenotype characteristics of highly selected populations. Start date is (expected to be) 31-12-2021 or ...