The Planning Group opens a call for applications for fully-funded postdoctoral positions.
We are a member of the newly established Research Center for Informatics with the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague. Research of the Planning Group (http://aic.fel.cvut.cz/planning/) involves research of basic principles of classical planning and heuristics, but also on variants such as multi-agent planning and on the application of planning to real-world problems.
As a postdoc at our group, you will join a team of both leading researchers and young, highly motivated colleagues who are passionate about the topics of their research:
- Classical Planning
- Use of invariants in optimal planning (graph theory, complexity theory)
- Integration of domain-specific solvers to improve the efficiency of classical planning on particular domains (puzzles, logistics, videogames)
- The use of machine learning techniques in planning and extraction of structural information (machine learning, deep learning, neural networks)
- Plan optimization
- Multi-Agent Planning
- Measuring and reducing privacy leakage (secure multiparty computation)
- Developing a privacy-preserving planner (cryptography, security)
- Optimal multi-agent planning based on finite-state machine intersection
- Temporal Planning
- Reasoning about time and resources
- Problem reformulation
- Non-deterministic Planning
- Planning with non-deterministic events
- Planning in the adversarial environment
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, or related fields
- Evidence of successful research accomplishments, such as papers focused on planning problems/algorithms at top AI conferences (AAAI, IJCAI, ICAPS, KR, AAMAS, NIPS, ECAI) or published in high-quality journals
If you fit this profile and you are interested in pursuing academic research path, you are encouraged to send your application to email@example.com. The application should include:
2. A short research statement (max. 200 words)
3. The publication record with the indication of 3 most important papers and detailed explanation of their impact
Work & Life in Prague
The exact starting date is negotiable. Typical positions are for 2 years and can be prolonged. The institute is located in Prague’s downtown. The position will offer a competitive salary with respect to the costs and quality of life in Prague.
Several Positions In The Ph D Program “Advanced Optimization In A Networked Economy” , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 19 days ago
The Research Training Group (RTG) “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy”, funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) and jointly hosted by the Schools of Management, Computer Science, an...
Ph D In Software Lab (Software Engineering, Programming Languages, Machine Learning, And Security) University Of Stuttgart, Germany, University of Stuttgart, Germany, 2 days ago
We are looking for people interested in joining the Software Lab as a PhD student. The Software Lab (software-lab.org) conducts research at the intersection of software engineering, programmin...
Ph D Position In Ai Based Radio Resource Management For 5 G And Beyond, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 27 days ago
The position is within the research group Communication Systems and Networks who is a leading Scandinavian research group in Industrial IoT. The PhD position is within the area of AI-based resource...
Fully Funded 40 Ph D And 30 Postdoc Positions In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning In Toulouse France, ANITI - Artificial and Natural Intelligence Toulouse Institute, FRANCE, 16 days ago
The University of Toulouse seeks to hire outstanding PhD and Post Doc candidates in artificial intelligence and in particular in machine learning at its new Institute on Artificial and Natural Inte...
Research Assistant Position In The Research Project: “Identity Goal Systems: Aspired To Selves In Interaction And Context”, Wroclaw Poland, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland, 7 days ago
SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities invites applications for Research Assistant position in the research project: &...
Ph D Position In Optimization And Distributed Machine Learning Enabling Low Latency Io T Applications, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 27 days ago
The position is placed in the research group Communication Systems and Networks which is a leading Scandinavian research group in Industrial IoT. The PhD position is within the area of optimization...