The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
Application Code: FOSS2021SS-02
• First Degree and PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and will tackle applications related to the further penetration of Photovoltaics such as failure detection, demand response, energy, load and market forecasting. The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Development of models to accurately classify faults in PV systems
• Development of models to accurately forecast energy production from renewable energy sources
• Development of models for load forecasting
• Development of models for market forecasting
• Development of algorithms for Demand Response
• Model validation with real data and experiments
• Data analysis
• Implementation of the above on a new software platform being developed by FOSS
• Writing articles and publications of research results
• Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
• Support in research project management
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Also, high academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
Ph D Scholarships (2) In Modern Electricity Market Design, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
The Centre for Electric Power and Energy (CEE) at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for two fully funded 3-year PhD positions in ...
Ph D Position: Assessment And Optimization Of A Fully Renewable European Energy Infrastructure , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Risk and Relia...
Ph D Scholarship In Energy Economics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
Hydrogen Market Modelling, Environmental Impacts and Regulation The Sustainability Division at DTU Management offers a Ph.D. position in the section Energy Economics and Systems Analysis (in coope...
Ph D Position In Energy Systems Optimization (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
PhD position in Energy Systems Optimization (1.0 FTE) Job description The job opening is for a full time PhD position at the Energy & Resources group of the department of Sustainable Development a...
Ph D Position In Energy Systems Optimization (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
The job opening is for a full time PhD position at the Energy & Resources group of the department of Sustainable Development at the Faculty of Geosciences of Utrecht University. This PhD position ...
Ph D Position On Hydrogen From Water Electrolysis, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Green hydrogen will likely become a very important ingredient in realizing the energy transition, by storing large amounts of electricity and as a base chemical. In alkaline water electrolysers, h...