The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
Application Code: FOSS2021SS-02
• First Degree and PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and will tackle applications related to the further penetration of Photovoltaics such as failure detection, demand response, energy, load and market forecasting. The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Development of models to accurately classify faults in PV systems
• Development of models to accurately forecast energy production from renewable energy sources
• Development of models for load forecasting
• Development of models for market forecasting
• Development of algorithms for Demand Response
• Model validation with real data and experiments
• Data analysis
• Implementation of the above on a new software platform being developed by FOSS
• Writing articles and publications of research results
• Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students
• Support in research project management
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Also, high academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
Ph D Scholarship In Operations Research For Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
If you are looking to develop cutting-edge ideas at the interface between Operations Research and Energy applications, then this 3-year PhD position is the right one for you. At DTU Management, yo...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, about 20 hours ago
Job description Context imec imec is a world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip techno...
Internal Research Fellow (Post Doc) In Manned Spaceflight Facility For Cultivated Meat, European Space Agency, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Research Fellowship Opportunity in the Directorate of Human & Robotic Exploration Programmes. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creati...
Internal Research Fellow (Post Doc) In Radio Navigation, European Space Agency, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Research Fellowship Opportunity in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating ...
Ph D Position On Hydroborate Based All Solid State Batteries, Empa, Switzerland, about 8 hours ago
Empa’s Laboratory Materials for Energy Conversion focuses on materials and device innovation for sustainable energy conversion and storage technologies. We are offering a To surpass state-of-the-a...
Ph D Scholarship In 3 D X Ray Diffraction Of Solar Cell Materials, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
If you have competences in solid state physics, crystallography in particular, and have a knack for scientific computing, we have the position that will allow you to hone your skills and apply the...