Positions at Maritime Digitalisation Centre
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment by CMMI of qualified applicants for Scientists positions at Maritime Digitalisation Centre (MDigiC), situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed term one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry, and international partners. MDigiC’s areas of interest include, but are not restricted to, vessel performance optimisation, intelligent data acquisition, interpretation, and communication for informed decision support.
We seek to recruit visionary scientists with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great incentive to collaborate towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. We seek scientists who will be excited to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MDigiC’s growth.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conference, and journal publications, and develop software tools. Successful candidates are expected to have skills within the broad field of Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- A BSc, MSc, or PhD in a relevant discipline
- Previous relevant academic or industrial experience will be considered an advantage.
- High impact publication on relevant topics will be considered an advantage.
- Successful participation in successful research grant applications will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking.
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills.
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to email@example.com (Position Reference MDigiC2021_1)
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1 page maximum)
- Short description of academic, research, or industrial experience (1 page maximum)
- Plans for Research and Innovation at CMMI (1 page maximum).
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
Only applications that fulfill the above criteria will be considered All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Internal Research Fellow (Postdoc) In The Directorate Of Science At Estec, Esac Or St Sc I, European Space Agency, Netherlands, 30 minutes ago
Research Fellowship Opportunity in the Directorate of Science. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environ...
Mediq Financial Scholarship (External), Central Queensland University, Australia, 13 days ago
MEDIQ Financial Scholarship (External) The winner will receive a cash amount of AUD $1,000 initially and AUD $500 per week to be able to live and support their endeavours whilst working 8.30am – 5...
Ph D Position Within Maritime Simulation And Pedagogical Method, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
About the position We have a vacant PhD position for research related to the topic: Becoming a professional through simulation-based training The announced PhD project is part of a larger research...
Doctoral Position In Private Law With Focus On Maritime And Transport , University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 53 500 students and 6 500 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...
Ph D Position Origami Based Flexible Architected Materials For High Tech Equipment, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 6 days ago
The semiconductor industry expectations for lithography machine performance demand ever-increasing capabilities, such as throughput, lifetime, cleanliness, sustainability, and precision for mechat...
Position For A Researcher In Aquatic/Marine Genomics & Bioinformatics At The Ku, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 5 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-691) Laatst aangepast : 14/09/2021 The newly funded project ENZYMARES aims at leveraging the unique functional characteristics of biological resources from (marine) habitats to disc...