Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) full time Marie S. Curie Early Stage Researcher (ESR) Fellow Position in the newly established UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage / Digital Heritage Research Lab of the Cyprus University of Technology (CUT) in the research fields of Enrichment of 3D volumetric objects with Metadata and Semantics:
The selected Marie S. Curie ESR will work for twenty-two (22) months within the ITN CHANGE Marie S. Curie ITN Project which, is the only EU funded programme bringing together eight (8) leading European Institutions as full beneficiaries and ten (10) other as partners in a transnational network, aiming at implementing a multidisciplinary and intersectorial research and training programme between the academic, research and the industrial partners.
Cultural Heritage (CH) is an integral element of Europe and vital for the creation of a common European identity and one of the greatest assets for steering Europe’s social, economic development and job creation. However, the current research training activities in CH are fragmented and mostly designed to be of a single-discipline, failing to cover the whole lifecycle of Digital Cultural Heritage (DCH) research, which is by nature a multi-disciplinary and intersectorial research agenda. The CHANGE project will train a new generation of early stage researchers towards a common goal, namely the assessment of changes of tangible cultural heritage (CH) objects and their monitoring in the atmosphere and/or during their conservation treatment using multimodal imaging techniques in complement to more traditional analytical techniques. Their research will consist in an optimised capturing of data and their analysis, visualisation and management to ensure a better documentation and long-term preservation of our common EU CH. This work will be carried out within an interdisciplinary environment involving 5 CH and 4 Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) beneficiary institutions as well as 9 CH, ICT and industrial partners from 8 EU countries.
One ESR to be recruited by the host organization of the Cyprus University of Technology in Limassol, Cyprus for the duration of three (3) years under full employment contract. The fellow will work on: Development of advanced metadata and semantic model for integrating: (1) Paradata of the acquisition technologies and historical and archaeological evidence of CH objects, (2) the argumentation leading to virtual reconstruction and discussing alternatives with the object owners/ stakeholders, (3) the connection of physical and social-historical, constructive, functional, aesthetic and environmental parameters, etc. with 3D/4D documentation of CH objects.
A complete online platform for the holistic e-documentation of 3D CH objects: metadata, paradata, semantics, reflecting the interpretation and story of the 3D asset.
The Applicant should:
1. Have completed at least a four or five year education cycle (e.g. Diploma in Engineering, Master’s Degree etc) from a recognized university in Geomatics, Computer- / Electrical Engineering Computer Science and/or Surveying Engineering with less than four (4) years of continuous full-time research experience in the above fields, with excellent programming skills and very good language and communication / implementation skills
2. At the time of recruitment, not have resided (or carried out his/her main activity e.g. work, studies, etc.) in Cyprus, for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date.
3. Excellent knowledge of the English language at a proficiency level (spoken and written)
Early stage researcher or 0-4 years of experience (Post graduate) – According to the H2020 (Marie S. Curie Actions) Regulations. Eligibility rules for the Marie S. Curie fellows can be found at the H2020
MSCA 2018-2020 Work programme:
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- The monthly gross salary for this position will be 2700.91 Euro. From this amount employer and employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted (Note: the monthly gross salary after the deduction of employer contributions amounts to €2350.66). 13th salary is provided and has been incorporated into the monthly gross salary. In addition, the fellow will be entitled to mobility allowance, according to the regulations of the Marie S. Curie Actions Programme and CUT regulations.
- In the context of a personal Career Development Plan, opportunities for international collaboration, attend outstanding conferences/events and exchanges to world-class academic and industrial partners will take place.
- Registration for a PhD at CUT / UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage, Limassol, Cyprus.
- Training in a range of state-of-the-art scientific skills, intellectual property and project management skills and visiting GR language courses.
- Secondment placements within the network’s partners (up to max. 30/% of the training period).
For more details on the fellow salary and other benefits or eligibility criteria please refer to the H2020
Marie S. Curie actions Work Programme 2018-20 and at the CHANGE project’s website at http://change-itn.eu/
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
Applications must be sent via email at: HRrecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: “Application for H2020 Marie S. Curie CHANGE Research Fellow Position (ESR)” – Department Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics” no later than Friday 28th of May, 2021 12:00 (noon) which is the deadline for the submission of the applications.
For further information, please contact Dr. Marinos Ioannides at email firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone number +357-25-002020 or visit the website: http://change-itn.eu/ .
Computer Science, Geomatics, Archives, libraries, semantics, ontology, Photogrammetry, Computer
Vision, Computer Graphics, Big Data
Start of the fellowship: 1st of July 2021
Ph D Position Climate Adaptation And Health, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 8 days ago
Human greenhouse gas emissions are causing the climate to change at unprecedented rates and this change is partly irreversible. Especially in densely populated urban areas the negative health effe...
Marie Curie Ph D Fellowship In Digitalizing Wind Turbine Subsystems For Fast Prototyping And Grid Compliance (Esr12), Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
Are you searching the best opportunity to become a future leader in the field of energy system research? Then you need to look no further. The Center for Electric Power and Energy at the Departmen...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, about 18 hours ago
Job description PhD Researcher – Decentralized reasoning across SOLID pods KnoWS & KM team - IDLab (Ghent University, Belgium) IDLab is a core research group of imec, a world-leading research and ...
Postdoc Position On Nickel Rich Nmc Cathodes For Lithium Ion Batteries, Empa, Switzerland, about 13 hours ago
Empa’s Laboratory Materials for Energy Conversion focuses on materials and device innovation for sustainable energy conversion and storage technologies. We are offering a The research project focu...
Early Stage Researchers (Esr)/Ph D Researchers, Es Rs 1 3 5 14 , Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies- Pisa ;, Italy, 6 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are looking for 4 Early Stage Researchers (ESR)/PhD Researchers. The positions are funded by the H2020-MSCA-ITN-2020 GA 956562 (LeADS) coordinated by Professor Giovanni Comandé...
One Or More Ph D Stipends Within Knee Osteoarthritis Research (915 21069), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
One or more PhD Stipends within knee osteoarthritis research (915-21069) At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Materials and Production one or more PhD stipend(s) are available ...