Student Awards Coordinator
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
SAIT is fortunate to receive financial support from our alumni family, industry and community at large. If you’re passionate about sharing SAIT’s story, connecting donors to incredible people, and original projects and experiences, we want to meet you.
The SAIT Student Awards program is a $5+ Million program facilitating scholarship and bursary selection of over 4,500 awards per year funded by alumni, industry partners, government and donors who are committed to student success.The Student Awards Coordinator is the subject matter expert for SAIT’s Student Awards and the Banner Student Aid program wherein Student Awards data resides.
The position is primarily technical coordination of SAIT's Student Awards program. Reporting to Student Awards Manager, the incumbent will implement new and manage existing awards, provide first response triage for technical issues and serve as project manager for specialty and government awards. In addition, the Student Awards Coordinator will monitor selection activities, coordinating staff workload to ensure all key milestones are met and will collaborate both within and outside the business unit to guide the preparation/negotiation of selection criteria for awards.
The position has influence on both student engagement and donor satisfaction, encourage continued and increase involvement, participation and financial investment in SAIT through maintaining an effective Student Awards program that is integrated with and supports donor stewardship activities.
Don’t miss out, apply today.
Administration of the Student Awards Program
- Oversee preparation of the Student Awards publications
- Guide the preparation/negotiation of selection criteria for new awards, working with fundraising staff, faculty and donors
- Facilitate cross campus support of the award selection process
- Ensure criteria and selection measures conform to legislation, code of ethics and standards set by human rights organizations and Canada Revenue Agency to ensure effective implementation of the Student Awards program
- Perform annual academic year rollover activities, ensuring the database reflects all changes
- Responsible for submitting all SAIT nominations for Government funded and Athletic awards; this includes establishing and maintaining a calendar of external award nomination deadlines and key internal dates, and deploying staff resources to meet requirements.
- Ensure on-line application processes are operating effectively and efficiently, identifying issues and making corrections.
- Assist with providing input to the Stewardship Team in regards to Student Awards events and other donor recognition strategies.
- Support Award Ceremonies by gathering and providing donor and student recipient information.
- Participate in award selection as required.
- Participation in Student Awards events, SAIT student facing events as necessary
- Represent Student Awards team in communications to students, staff, faculty, alumni and the greater community
- Provides leadership to the Student Awards Team
- Ensure consistent monitoring and prompt responses to inbound requests
- Facilitate process alignment to meet key deliverable while ensuring compliance with established selection guiding principles and documented processes and procedures
- Role model provision of excellent customer service to staff, students, donors and alumni, and coach team members on challenging conversations to ensure consistency.
- Monitor weekly tasks related to disbursement of awards.
- Monitor ongoing task completion, coaching staff and recommending workload adjustments as required
The incumbent will demonstrate:
- Initiative and sound judgment.
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving.
- An ability to work as a team member with a variety of people.
- Flexibility, discretion, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of donor relations practices and ethical standards,
- Strong analytical and exceptional organizational skills
- Post-secondary education in communications, fund development, business and/or financial management, marketing. Equivalent experience in the field will also be considered.
- 3-5 years directly related experience in post-secondary education.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Banner Database System, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req1013||Job Location||Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta|
|Job Classification||AUPE||Job Type||Permanent|
|Employee Group||Administrative Officer - I||
Position End Date
|Department||Alumni & Development||
# of Positions
|The compensation range||29.00 - 32.00 Salary||
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req1013
- Job Location: Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification: Administrative Officer - I
- Job Type: Permanent
- Employee Group: AUPE
- Position End Date:
- Department: Alumni & Development
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: Open Until Suitable Candidate Found at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
Code For Canada Fellowship, University of Toronto, Canada, 3 months ago
The Code for Canada fellowship is open to web developers, user experience designers and researchers, and product managers who want to use their skills for good. Cross-functional teams of three fe...