Priority may be given to the following designated employment equity groups: women, Indigenous peoples* (First Nations, Inuit and Métis), persons with disabilities and racialized persons*.
* The Employment Equity Act, which is under review, uses the terminology Aboriginal peoples and visible minorities.
Candidates are asked to self-declare when applying to this hiring process.
City: Boucherville and Montreal (Royalmount)
Organizational Unit: Real Property Planning and Management
Language Requirements: French (Boucherville) & bilingual imperative BBB/BBB (Montreal)
Work Arrangements: Due to the nature of the work and operational requirements, this position will require full-time physical presence at the NRC work location identified.
Note: This position is being re-posted. If you had previously applied, there is no need to re-apply.
Great Minds. One Goal. Canada's Success.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for Site Operations Coordinators to support our Real Property Planning and Management in Boucherville and Montreal. The Site Operations Coordinator would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
As part of the Real Property Planning and Management (RPPM) Branch Operations and Maintenance unit, the Site Operations Coordinator is responsible for planning, contracting and coordinating the delivery of building services and general maintenance requirements within the buildings located on the Boucherville site. The Site Operations Coordinator evaluates the performance of various building equipment and systems, troubleshoots problems and malfunctions, and proposes technical solutions. The Site Operations Coordinator is also responsible to coordinate aspects of the security, environmental and safety and health requirements within the buildings in support of programs and business operations. The Site Operations Coordinator will report to a Site Operations Manager. The position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but does oversee and manage services provided by third party service providers.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Diploma or certificate in a related technological or technical field (such as architectural, electrical or mechanical).
A combination of a trade certification (Electrician, HVAC, Millwright, and Plumber) with the relevant experience could be considered.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant experience in the coordination of activities related to building service delivery, maintenance, infrastructure support, property management,
- Significant experience in coordinating the on-site activities of contractors on multi-trade projects.
- Experience reviewing plans, drawings, prepare preliminary sketches and estimates for renovations or modifications.
- Significant experience with the application of the related federal and provincial building codes, standards, acts, legislation and regulations.
- Significant experience in the coordination of construction projects (under 100k).
*Significant – 2 to 6 years
The following listed experience could be considered as an asset:
- Experience supporting specialized research facilities and laboratories.
- Experience working with various computer programs such as AutoCad, SAP Plant Maintenance and material management systems.
- Experience coordinating construction contracts in the Federal Government environment
Condition of Employment
1 Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB position in Montreal and 1 French position in Boucherville.
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Solid ability to coordinate the work of construction contractors for building additions, renovations, equipment installation and commissioning;
- Solid knowledge of construction practices and techniques and design and construction details, particularly of the mechanical or electrical trades;
- Basic knowledge of Project management principals.
- Ability to interpret drawings/plans as well as prepare preliminary sketches and estimates for renovations or modifications.
- Solid knowledge of multi-trade practices, building codes and procedures, equipment maintenance, trades and technical issues (electrical, architectural, mechanical and telecommunications).
- Solid ability to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment based on knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations and legislation as related to construction safety standards and practices.
- Technology support - Initiative (Level 2)
- Technology support - Results orientation (Level 2)
- Technology support - Teamwork (Level 2)
- Technology support - Client focus (Level 3)
- Technology support - Communication (Level 2)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Technology Support
View all competency profiles
Salary under review.
From $58,445 to $80,040 per annum.
In addition, the incumbent who meets the language requirements will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year, applicable to the bilingual position.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, vacation, sick, and other leave entitlements, disability insurance and pension plans.
The NRC Advantage
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada's largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At the NRC Employee wellness matters. We offer flexible work schedules as well as part-time work to help employees maintain work-life balance. We are one of the few federal organizations that close our offices during the December holiday season. We offer professional learning and development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, and a suite of mentorship, award and recognition programs. Diversity enables creativity and innovation. Fostering a diverse, inclusive, welcoming and supportive workplace is important to us, and contributes to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system. We welcome all qualified applicants and encourage you to complete the employment equity self-declaration questions during the job application process. Please let us know of any accommodation measures required to help you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Please note that the information you provide will be treated confidentially.
Help us solve problems for Canada. Grow your career with us today!
- Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
- Local travel to visit other sites might be required (vehicle supplied).
- Occasional overtime might be required.
- Candidates who have Second Language Evaluation (SLE) test results with the Public Service Commission should include these results with their application.
- In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to describe in detail when, where and how he/she gained the experience on the screening questions.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (18872) to:
Telephone : 514-258-1653
Closing Date: Posted until filled
For more information on career tools and other resources, check out Career tools and resources
*If you are currently a term or continuing employee at NRC, please apply through the SuccessFactors Careers module from your NRC computer.