City: Various Locations
Organizational Unit: Finance and Procurement Services Branch
Tenure: Various Tenures
Language Requirements: Various
The NRC Advantage
Great Minds. One Goal. Canada's Success.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada's largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At the NRC, we know that diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, a safe and respectful work environment, and contributing to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system. We welcome all qualified applicants and encourage you to complete the employment equity self-declaration questions during the job application process.
Please let us know of any accommodation measures required to help you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Please note that the information you provide will be treated confidentially.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a Senior Contracting Officer to support our Finance and Procurements Services Branch. The Senior Contracting Officer would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
Under the guidance of the Director of Procurement Services and/or the Manager of Procurement Services, Senior Contracting Officers are responsible for supporting the organizations complex, high risk, high dollar procurement and contracting projects.
The work includes competitive and non-competitive procurement processes in accordance with Government Contracting Regulations (GCR’s), the Trade Agreements (CFTA, WTO-AGP and others), Treasury Boards Contracting Policy the and the Financial Administration Act (FAA). The work is challenging because of the high complexity projects, requiring a deep understanding of clients working environment and research.
- Senior Contracting Officers are responsible for the planning, preparation and issuance of (RFP’s) Request for Proposals, Advance contract award notices (ACAN), complex service agreements with Universities and other public and private organizations;
- Solicit and receive proposals from suppliers;
- Receive and verify bid securities (bid bonds, certified cheques, and letters of credit, performance bonds, etc.) and managing the bid security process;
- Oversee the evaluation of proposals against evaluation criteria (ensuring the integrity of the process);
- Responsible for the issuance of public and invited tenders including drafting and enhancing, statements of work/requirements; developing evaluation criteria and preparing sole source documentation;
- Consult with clients on a regular basis to anticipate and analyse evolving requirements; develops strategies and options to meet objectives; and provides advice on specific projects;
- Provide advice to clients on the interpretation and application of procurement legislation and regulations to be considered in the development of service plans and strategies;
- Analyze and evaluate procurement opportunities, assess risk and implement risk-mitigating strategies during both the pre-contract and contract phases of complex projects;
- Analyze procurement requirements and providing strategic advice and viable solutions to clients on procurement activities;
- Make recommendation of awards;
- Award and manage contracts from the point of contract award to contract close out;
- Resolve contract disputes with contractors;
- Conduct debriefing sessions with vendors;
- Apply LEAN procurement methods to reduce turnaround time for clients and interact with the scientific and technical staff to determine requirements, no substitution and/or sole source justification and to assess the urgency, quality and best value.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
As a minimum, candidates must have a Secondary School Diploma according to provincial standards or degree from a recognized college or university OR an acceptable combination of secondary school education, training and (3) three years of relevant contracting experience performing a broad range of various and complex related procurement activities, in terms of the scope and the impact of the experience.
Supply Chain Management (SCMP) Diploma/Certification or working towards designation would be considered an asset.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant* experience providing contracting services and advice to clients preferably in a research environment;
- Significant* experience developing solicitation documents for goods, services and/or construction;
- Experience in negotiation and resolving contracting issues; and
- Experience in preparing briefing material, reports, or executive correspondence related to contracting.
*Significant means a minimum of 3 – 6 years’ experience
- Experience using PSPC Supply Arrangement vehicles (i.e. TBIPS, TSPS, ProServices, etc.);
- Experience with Construction procurement.
Condition of Employment
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Advanced knowledge of all phases of the procurement cycle;
- Knowledge of the various laws, regulations, principles in procurement;
- Advanced knowledge of various methods of procurements;
- Knowledge of trends, developments and challenges of procurement in the public and or private sector;
- Ability to interpret, analyze and apply contracting policy; and
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel & Microsoft Word) & SAP material management.
- Management services - Client focus (Level 2)
- Management services - Communication (Level 2)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 2)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 2)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Management Services
View all competency profiles
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $82,185 to $93,919 per annum.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (18433) to:
Telephone : 438-455-5335
Closing Date: 2 February 2023 - 23:59 Eastern Time
For more information on career tools and other resources, check out Career tools and resources
*If you are currently a term or continuing employee at NRC, please apply through the SuccessFactors Careers module from your NRC computer.
Ph D Student Position In Solid And Structural Mechanics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
You are hereby invited to apply for the PhD position “Digital twin with life cycle cost optimization for more efficient maintenance of railway switches & crossings”. Switches and crossings (S&C, t...
Ph D Position In Wave Climate And Seasonal Forecasting , Norwegian Meteorological Institute, Norway, about 15 hours ago
2nd June 2023 Languages English Norsk Bokmål English English PhD position in wave climate and seasonal forecasting Apply for this job See advertisement About us The Norwegian Meteorological Instit...
Ph D Improving Pluvial Flood Early Warning And Real Time Flood Extent Mapping, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
In the NWO Perspective Programme Future FRM Tech (Future Flood Risk Management Technologies for rivers and coasts) four Dutch universities are collaborating with two foreign universities, two know...
Ph D Fellowship In Systemic Design And Circular Solutions For The Aquaculture Industry , OsloMet, Norway, about 4 hours ago
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with nearly 22,000 students and 2,200 employees. Through the students we educate and the research we produce, the unive...
Ph D Position Transport Simulations Of Disease Spread To Support Early Warning Systems, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 29 days ago
PhD position Transport Simulations of Disease Spread to Support Early-Warning Systems PhD position Transport Simulations of Disease Spread to Support Early-Warning Systems Published Deadline Locat...
Ph D Position Develop And Refine Sampling Systems For Water And Airborne Viruses, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Do you have a master in microbiology/virology and strong affinity for engineering/modeling or vica vesta? We have a very interesting and fully funded PhD position! Erasmus MC, TU Delft, and Erasmu...