SCP Student Caller - SAIT Students Only
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
The SAIT Student Calling Program (SCP) relies on enthusiastic, friendly and motivated students to help our school grow. While working for the SCP, callers have the opportunity to build those soft job skills which look great on a resume, while earning a competitive salary.
The SAIT Student Calling Program is open September through April, and is the student-staffed fundraising team of SAIT’s Alumni and Development department located on the main campus. Student callers are responsible for communicating the goals and accomplishments of SAIT to potential donors which inspire them to donate in support of student awards and various fundraising efforts across campus.
- Competitive wages: student callers earn $17+/hour
- Opportunities for advancement
- Build your resume: develop strong public relations, fundraising, communication and marketing skills
- Network: converse with alumni in various professions
- Ideal work hours: evenings and weekends throughout the academic year
- Incentives: prizes earned for meeting team goals and end-of-term celebrations
- Paid training: includes scripts, role playing and one-on-one coaching
- Serve as a SAIT ambassador by establishing an open and engaging line of communication between SAIT and its alumni
- Gain an understanding of the priority funds, special events and SAIT’s annual needs for financial support
- Call alumni to build rapport, update demographic information and acquire gifts to the priority funds
- Work with other callers in a team oriented environment to further the development of the student calling program and reach goals
- Commit to a minimum of two shifts per week
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality
- Current SAIT student
- Can write and converse clearly in English
- Excellent typing skills and attention to detail
- Can present a compelling case to persuade people to support SAIT programs
- Have experience with computers and Microsoft Windows
- Professional, discreet and able to maintain confidential information
- Positive attitude is a must
- Willing to accept feedback and adapt as necessary
- Previous call centre and sales experience is an asset
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req968||Job Location||Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta|
|Job Classification||AUPE||Job Type||Casual|
|Employee Group||SCP Tele Fundraiser||
Position End Date
|Department||Alumni & Development||
# of Positions
|The compensation range||15.00 - 15.00 Hourly||
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req968
- Job Location: Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification: SCP Tele Fundraiser
- Job Type: Casual
- Employee Group: AUPE
- Position End Date: 12/31/2019
- Department: Alumni & Development
- # of Positions: MULTIPLE
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: Open until suitable candidate is found at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.