Revenue Accounting, Student/Corporate Credit and Collections
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
This position will be a senior clerk in the Student/Corporate AR section. The position is responsible for providing statistical analysis and reporting of A/R activity, preparing month-end accruals and reconciliations, resolving complex/sensitive collections issues in a professional manner, maintaining credit files, training SAIT departments on A/R processes, analyzing/recommending process changes where required and approving requests for invoices received form all departments prior to upload into the accounting system.
- Providing guidance to the Student/Corporate Accounts Receivable staff and staff in other departments: analyze and resolve complex/non-routine issues and client disputes in a professional manner.
- Develop and report key performance indicators (KPI’s) for management, Student Services, and Academic departments. KPI’s to be developed include measures for billing, payment processing, credit and collections, and AR trends. Calculations will be performed using information obtained from Banner and other financial systems.
- Prepare month end working papers and related accounting entries and accruals; reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Recommend new/changed credit limits for existing and potential SAIT clients.
- Evaluate/update new credit applications and existing credit limits according to SAIT credit policy guidelines. This involves collecting information from external sources, commercial credit reports and the internet to create customer credit profiles in support of credit limit requests and risk mitigation recommendations.
- Resolve collection disputes: contact customers and SAIT staff, identify/analyze issues, and negotiate payment/resolution in conjunction with appropriate SAIT business units.
- Train departments and staff on Student/Corporate Accounts Receivable policies and practices, ensure quality of information flow meets expected SAIT standards.
- Provide training to departments and business analysts as new systems are implemented.
- Review output, analyze errors, assign responsibility for corrective action, and make recommendations for system enhancements where required.
- Review and approve or identify corrective action to be taken for invoices generated by all departments within SAIT.
- Other projects as required.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and procedures, especially Accounts Receivable processes.
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to high level customer services skills
- Good negotiation/mediation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate data analysis skills in Excel
- Knowledge of Banner or other large integrated accounting applications.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req1187||Job Location||E.H. Crandell Building|
|Job Classification||AUPE||Job Type||Permanent|
|Employee Group||Accounting Clerk IV||
Position End Date
|Department||Rev. Accounting & Financial Systems||
# of Positions
|The compensation range||50,000.00 - 53,854.00 Salary||
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req1187
- Job Location: E.H. Crandell Building
- Job Classification: Accounting Clerk IV
- Job Type: Permanent
- Employee Group: AUPE
- Position End Date:
- Department: Finance
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: October 11, 2019 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
Student Event Organizers, Mount Royal University, Canada, about 11 hours ago
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a dis...