Priority will be given to the following designated employment equity groups: Indigenous peoples* (First Nations, Inuit and Métis), persons with disabilities and racialized persons*.
* The Employment Equity Act, which is under review, uses the terminology Aboriginal peoples and visible minorities.
Organizational Unit: Aerospace
Language Requirements: Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB
Work Arrangements: Due to the nature of the work and operational requirements, this position will require some physical presence at the NRC work location and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement (a combination of working onsite and offsite) according to established rules.
The NRC Advantage
Great Minds. One Goal. Canada's Success.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada's largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At the NRC, we know that diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, a safe and respectful work environment, and contributing to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system. We welcome all qualified applicants and encourage you to complete the employment equity self-declaration questions during the job application process.
Please let us know of any accommodation measures required to help you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Please note that the information you provide will be treated confidentially.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a Project Manager Advisor to support our Aerospace Research Centre. The Project Manager Advisor would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
You will provide professional advice and technical project management support to program managers and project leaders to implement and maintain efficient project management. You will provide a wide range of expertise in project management services to ensure that projects are delivered to clients as agreed, that schedules and budgets are adhered to, and that stakeholder expectations are met. You will create and track budgets, resources, and milestones; analyze project plans, costs, timeframes; and, monitor and prepare reports of progress to achieve required outcomes and help program managers/leaders ensure achievement of their business goals and objectives. As well, you will gather, interpret, evaluate and interrelate data from various sources and develop integrated business analyses and projections. You will use these analyses and projections to suggest plans and improvements to the director. You will also facilitate partnerships between internal and external stakeholders, and contribute to overall program development, execution, and coordination.
This position will appeal to a person who is well organized, detail-oriented and who enjoys working as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent service. If you’re that person, then this may be the perfect role for you!
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science or Business Administration or Finance.
Graduation in business administration or finance or a program specializing in project management could be considered an asset.
Formal designation as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) could be considered an asset.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant and recent experience in supporting the management of projects involving multi-disciplinary teams and multi-partner resources;
- Significant and recent experience in the application of project management;
- Experience using project management software tools in a R&D environment;
- Significant and recent experience in financial data and business analysis; and
- Significant and recent experience in risk management techniques.
Condition of Employment
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Advanced knowledge of project management theory, procedures and practices and the use of project management software tools;
- Solid knowledge of the business environment relevant to the research centre and its programs;
- Ability to create detailed project plans, coordinate team activities, running team meetings, tracking progress and communicating with stakeholders (internal and external); and
- Solid knowledge of developing integrated business analyses and projections in order to suggest plans and improvements to Management.
- Management services - Client focus (Level 3)
- Management services - Communication (Level 3)
- Management services - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 3)
- Management services - Results orientation (Level 3)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 3)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Management Services
View all competency profiles
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
This position is classified as a Research Council Officer (RCO), a group that is unique to the NRC. Candidates are remunerated based on their expertise, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience relative to the requirements of the level. The salary scale for this group is vast, from $57,220 to $161,754 per annum, which permits for employees of all levels from new graduates to world renowned experts to be fairly compensated for their contributions.
NOTE: Please note that the full RO/RCO salary scale has five levels. Salary determination will be based on a review of the candidate’s expertise, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience relative to the requirements of the level. As such, the initial salary could be within another level of the RO/RCO salary scale (i.e. above or below the intended level for this position).
In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Please note that the successful candidate will be required to be onsite a minimum of 40% per week.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may sometimes be required.
- In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (19476) to:
Telephone : 438-455-5335
Closing Date: 16 June 2023 - 23:59 Eastern Time
For more information on career tools and other resources, check out Career tools and resources
*If you are currently a term or continuing employee at NRC, please apply through the SuccessFactors Careers module from your NRC computer.