The Gamper Lab at the Cross Cancer Institute is seeking an outstanding cell biologist, immunologist, or biochemist for a postdoctoral position with an immediate start (with some flexibility). The successful candidate will investigate the immune response during cancer therapy and/or the regulation of cGAS activity.
Dedicated applicants who are innovative, hardworking, and can work independently within a very collaborative environment are invited to apply for this postdoctoral position. The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. (awarded within 5 years) and have demonstrated a strong publication record. Candidates with a research interest in immuno-oncology and a background in genome integrity are particularly encouraged to apply. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Planning research activities and providing research design for a project
- Determining the most appropriate methodology in carrying out identified research goals
- Designing experiments, establishing protocols, and keeping excellent records
- Conducting advanced analysis of research results
- Participating in the writing of research papers, the preparation of presentations and publications
- Presenting research results in laboratory meetings, seminars, scientific conferences and/or related settings
- Training and supervising new support staff, students and post-doctoral fellows
- Ensuring conformity to biosafety and radiation safety regulations
- Fostering communication with off-campus partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or Oncology
- Experience in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or Oncology encompassing broad molecular and cellular research
- Proven accomplishments in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Oncology, or Immunology with an emphasis on genome integrity and the immune response to genotoxic stress
- Experience in tissue culture of cancer cells and primary human cells and transfection/transduction of various types of cell lines
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing to team development is a must.
Responsible, dedicated, and self-motivated candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their CV including the contact for three references to: email@example.com
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3) (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interdisciplinary Ph D Position In Quantitative Cell Biology And Biochemistry, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic PhD candidate with a strong background in cell biology, (bio)chemistry, (bio)physics or closely related fields to join the Cell Cycle Dynamic...
Ph D Student In Computational Systems Biology At Cic Bio Gune, Asociación Centro de Investigación Cooperativa en Biociencias - CIC bioGUNE, Spain, 21 days ago
The Computational Biology Group at CIC bioGUNE seeks a highly skilled and motivated PhD student to work on an exciting project that aims at developing a computational framework for modeling stem c...
28 Ph D Positions In Immunology (# Of Pos: 28), EURIdoc, Upper Rhine Immunology Group, Germany, 10 days ago
The Eucor Upper Rhine Immunology doctoral programme (EURIdoc) offers 28 doctoral positions in immunology and biomedicine in a cross-border research network of the universities of Freiburg, Strasbo...
Ph D Pharmaceutical Aspects Of Cellular Therapies, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
The PhD student will join the BioTherapeutics Unit (BTU) which is part of the Hospital Pharmacy of the Netherlands Cancer Institute. Our research is focused on the pharmaceutical development and c...
Ph D Scholarship In Fish Health Research, Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Norway, 9 days ago
The Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Section for Fish Health research, has a vacant 3-year PhD scholarship linked to a project on red blood cell responses and blood biomarkers in salmonids. The pos...
Ph D On Electrokinetically Driven Microchips For Immuno Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
At the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we currently have a vacancy for a postdoc in the field of microfluidics. To investigate the crosstalk betw...