Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
Students with a minimum first class standing in each of the last two years of full-time study are eligible to apply. GPA is calculated using all courses taken in a given year. For UBC courses, first class standing is 80% and higher. At other universities, first class standing is determined from marking keys that accompany transcripts. For transcripts that are not accompanied by marking keys, applicants should consult with their UBC graduate program staff.
All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are required to apply for Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's (CGS M) (or doctoral funding from CIHR , NSERC , or SSHRC ), if they are eligible to do so.
Fields of Study
With the exception of those program listed below, students in all fields of graduate study are eligible to apply. Exceptions:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Engineering (in Faculty of Applied Science)
- Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs
- Doctor of Pharmacy
Applicants who plan to be registered full-time graduate students at UBC's Vancouver campus as of September 2018 are eligible to apply.
Months of Graduate Funding
To be eligible, applicants must have completed, as of December 31, 2017, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in:
- the master’s program for which they are requesting funding; or
- the doctoral program for which they are requesting funding if they were admitted into a doctoral program directly from their bachelor’s program (they were never registered in a master’s program, or are registered in a combined Master’s-PhD program); or
- a master’s program, but are requesting funding for a doctoral program (an example is a student who is fast-tracked from a Master’s to a doctoral program within 12 months of starting their Master’s and is seeking funding for the first 12 months of their doctoral program).
Please note that:
- all previous studies at the graduate level, regardless of institution and discipline, will be included in determining eligibility*
- successful applicants for Master's-level funding who plan to hold that funding as a Master's student (first point immediately above) will not receive funding past the end of their 24th month of Master's-level study.
- successful applicants for Master's-level funding who plan to hold that funding as a doctoral student (second and third points immediately above) will receive a funding offer restricted to a maximum of 12 months, and they will not be considered for doctoral-level funding such as a Killam Doctoral Scholarship.
Students who will have completed more than 12 months of graduate-level studies by December 31, 2017 must apply to the doctoral-level funding competition.
*All previous months of master's will be counted in assessing eligibility, except in cases where the previous master’s study was required by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies as a basis of admission to the applicant's UBC graduate program. This exception may affect a small number of students from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and the Philippines. This exception does not apply in cases where the previous master’s study was required by the applicant’s graduate program, but not by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
Ph D Programme In Geophysics Academic Year 2018/2019 Alma Mater Studiorum Università Di Bologna (# Of Pos: 7), ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna, Italy, about 18 hours ago
Regardless of age and citizenship, applicants holding the following academic qualifications can apply for admission: a. Laurea specialistica or Laurea magistrale (second cycle master’s degrees); b...
Aut Foundation Scholarship, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 15 hours ago
Closing date: 01/04/2019 01/04/2020 1 April each year Value of Award: Tuition fees- one semester only No. of awards: Varies Tenure: One Semester. There will be no renewal of this award. This schol...
Nnsa Graduate Fellowship, NNSA Graduate Fellowship Program ;, United States, about 15 hours ago
Applicants must be U.S. citizens eligible for a high-level security clearance and be accepted into, enrolled in, or graduating from a master’s or Ph.D. program during the year of application. Typi...
Ph D Position In Physics, The University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
Eligibility A person meets the general entry requirements for third-cycle courses and study programs if he/she: 1. has been awarded a second-cycle qualification, or 2. has satisfied the requiremen...
Doctoral Student In Musicology, Örebro University, Sweden, about 17 hours ago
Ref no: ORU 2.2.1-2018/01869 Örebro University seeking doctoral students for the doctoral programme in musicology at the School of Music, Theatre and Art commencing on 1 September 2018. The role o...
One Or More Integrated Ph D Stipend(S) In Proactive Human Robot Interaction (7 18030), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology, a PhD stipend is available within the general research programme Electrical and Electronic Engi...