Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
Students with a minimum first class standing in each of the last two years of full-time study are eligible to apply. GPA is calculated using all courses taken in a given year. For UBC courses, first class standing is 80% and higher. At other universities, first class standing is determined from marking keys that accompany transcripts. For transcripts that are not accompanied by marking keys, applicants should consult with their UBC graduate program staff.
All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are required to apply for Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's (CGS M) (or doctoral funding from CIHR , NSERC , or SSHRC ), if they are eligible to do so.
Fields of Study
With the exception of those program listed below, students in all fields of graduate study are eligible to apply. Exceptions:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Engineering (in Faculty of Applied Science)
- Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs
- Doctor of Pharmacy
Applicants who plan to be registered full-time graduate students at UBC's Vancouver campus as of September 2018 are eligible to apply.
Months of Graduate Funding
To be eligible, applicants must have completed, as of December 31, 2017, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in:
- the master’s program for which they are requesting funding; or
- the doctoral program for which they are requesting funding if they were admitted into a doctoral program directly from their bachelor’s program (they were never registered in a master’s program, or are registered in a combined Master’s-PhD program); or
- a master’s program, but are requesting funding for a doctoral program (an example is a student who is fast-tracked from a Master’s to a doctoral program within 12 months of starting their Master’s and is seeking funding for the first 12 months of their doctoral program).
Please note that:
- all previous studies at the graduate level, regardless of institution and discipline, will be included in determining eligibility*
- successful applicants for Master's-level funding who plan to hold that funding as a Master's student (first point immediately above) will not receive funding past the end of their 24th month of Master's-level study.
- successful applicants for Master's-level funding who plan to hold that funding as a doctoral student (second and third points immediately above) will receive a funding offer restricted to a maximum of 12 months, and they will not be considered for doctoral-level funding such as a Killam Doctoral Scholarship.
Students who will have completed more than 12 months of graduate-level studies by December 31, 2017 must apply to the doctoral-level funding competition.
*All previous months of master's will be counted in assessing eligibility, except in cases where the previous master’s study was required by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies as a basis of admission to the applicant's UBC graduate program. This exception may affect a small number of students from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and the Philippines. This exception does not apply in cases where the previous master’s study was required by the applicant’s graduate program, but not by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
Doctoral Student In Education, Örebro University, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
Ref no: ORU 2.2.1-03342/2018 Örebro University is currently offering research study opportunities on the doctoral programme in Education. For the successful candidate, the programme will conclude ...
Doctoral Researcher (F/M), Leibniz, Germany, 3 days ago
The Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) is funded by the German Excellence Initiative. The JSMC is an ambitious Graduate School with over 130 doctoral researchers who are educated in a ...
New Zealand France Friendship Fund Scholarship, Lincoln University, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Back The New Zealand France Friendship Fund was established in 1991 by an agreement between the French and New Zealand governments. Its objective is to promote close and friendly relations between...
Doctoral Student And Post Doctoral Positions, Centre For Wireless Communications, University of Oulu, Finland, 13 days ago
ONE doctoral student and ONE post-doctoral position at the Centre for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu (4-year position 2018-2022) Towards massive, low-latency and proactive wireless ne...
University Of Waikato Squash Scholarship, University of Waikato, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Closed Value: The value of the Scholarship may vary each year depending on the availability of funds. It is anticipated that the Scholarship will have a value of at least $500 each year. Study Lev...
Doctoral Candidates (Phd Students) In Law (M/F) (# Of Pos: 8), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 23 days ago
The Doctoral Training Unit on Enforcement in Multi-level Regulatory Systems II (REMS-II) is opening 8 funded PhD positions in law. For information on this training programme and on the specific ar...