A post-doctoral fellowship is available for the Thematic Project "Leishmaniasis in Latin America: An Advanced Perspective on Immunopathogenic Factors of Cutaneous and Visceral Infection," conducted at the Department of Pathology, University of São Paulo's School of Medicine (FM-USP). The application period ends on May 31, 2019.
The participant will participate in the analysis of the gene expression of individuals with cutaneous and visceral infections caused by Leishmania sp.
The successful candidates will play a leading role in data analysis, which includes integrating omics data and developing predictive models and testable hypotheses.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Development of analysis protocols for in-house, and public gene-expression datasets from RNA-Seq or Microarray platform;
- Development or adaptation of software tools and R scripts to meet project needs;
- Leading the analysis, or managing the analysts through developed protocols;
- Being a team leader, and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to manage a bioinformatics research group.
In addition, the successful applicants will lead efforts in data management and maintaining a bioinformatic Linux infrastructure. The job duty will involve database construction and maintenance, deployment of hardware and software tools, and collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members.
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. concluded at least 2 years ago in the field of Bioinformatics. Demonstrated experience in transcriptomic / system biology analysis, Trypanosomatids and host immune response applied to infectious diseases is required. Experience with working in a Linux/Unix environment, with relational databases, fluency in R programming language and use github repositories are required;
- Candidates are expected to have familiarity of open-source / commercial bioinformatic tools and biological databases, especially for pathway and network analyses. Also, applicants must have the ability to work independently;
- Research novelty, leadership in project management and experience in wet lab, molecular and cellular biology are highly desirable. Strong statistics knowledge, experience in machine learning and predictive modeling are required;
- Applicant must have the ability to work in a interdisciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to discuss issues and provide solutions to scientists with different backgrounds. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application, documents and dates
- Applications will be received by email, with documentation sent to the coordinator of the project, Professor Carlos Eduardo Pereira Corbett (email@example.com ), until May 31, 2019.
The documents required for registration are: Curriculum vitae or Curriculum Lattes; letter of presentation indicating reasons for applying for the Postdoctoral Fellowship; two letters of recommendation.
The post-doctoral opportunity is open to brazilians and foreigners. The selected candidate will receive FAPESP's Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the amount of R $ 7,373.10 per month and Technical Reserve equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the scholarship for expenses directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2849 .
Postdoctoral Position (2 Years) In Bioinformatics Impact Of Climate Change On Flowering And Diversity Of Boreal Forest Trees , Umeå University, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science (Umeå University, Sweden) invites applicants for a postdoctoral position focused on analyzing time series of shotgun metagenomics data aiming at...
Ph D Position In Response (Esr 02): Wheat Responses In Changing Climates Studied By Asian Varieties As Underexploited Genetic And Genomic Resources, ETH, Switzerland, about 5 hours ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Research & Development Salary CHF 0 / Entry date April 1, 2020 per Date Region ...
Postdoctoral Position In Machine Learning For Health, ETH, Switzerland, 14 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Biology Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switz...
Postdoctoral Position In Bioinformatics With Applications To Antibiotic Resistance, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Information about the position We have an open position for a motivated, self-driven post-doctoral researcher in bioinformatics with applications in infectious diseases and antibiotic resistance s...
Ph D Position: Compilation Of A Bovine Haplotype Reference Panel, ETH, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Agronomy / Foods Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich...
Postdoc Position At Bric, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher to join the multi-disciplinary groups of bioinformatics, biology & medicine....