The Integrative Genomics Laboratory (www.ibb.unesp.br/lgi ), hosted by São Paulo State University (UNESP), Brazil, and funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) is offering a post-doctoral fellowship for PhDs with outstanding research potential to work on subproject “Towards a functional view of B chromosome biology and its interface with sex chromosomes”, part of the FAPESP Thematic Project “Sex and B chromosome enigmas: model systems for the study of chromosome and genome evolution” (grant number 2015/16661-1). Starting date of activities will be September 1st, 2019.
- Fellowship: monthly stipend of R$ 7,373.10, with duration of 24 months;
- Travel/Moving support: one additional monthly stipend (paid with the 1st fellowship payment) and flight tickets to support moving to Botucatu, SP, Brazil;
- Research Contingency Funds: 15 per cent of the annual value of the fellowship for use in activities developed by the fellowship holder, strictly related to the fellowship research project;
For details on the fellowship and candidate obligations, check http://www.fapesp.br/en/postdoc .
This project is part of a major project involving structural and functional genomics, cytogenetics, bioinformatics and systems biology applied to the study of sex and B chromosomes in different animal models (fishes and insects). The general aim is to advance in the knowledge of the molecular basis that governs the evolutionary history of these chromosomes.
General Tasks: Genome assembling and annotation, search of B and sex chromosomes sequences, genome rearrangements, transcriptomes and microRNomes analysis, gene enrichment analysis, proteomes, and protein networks construction.
Essential skills and experience
- PhD in one of following areas: genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or equivalent fields;
- Experience with bioinformatics applied to genome assembling, genome annotation and transcriptome analysis (mapping/assembling, annotation, differential expression analysis, gene ontology and metabolic pathways descriptions);
- Experience with bioinformatics applied in proteomics (mass spectrometry) (desirable, but not required);
- Proficiently in written and spoken English;
- Programing in Python, or Pearl or C++ (mandatory);
- Graphical data analysis with R, Python, Wolfram, or similar;
- General statistics or math (desirable but not required);
- Leadership and group work;
- Scientific criticism;
- Open minded, creative and cooperative.
- A working team where trust, international collaboration, and commitment are essential;
- Access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure;
- A stimulating and supportive research environment.
How to apply
In order for your application to be processed, the following documents must be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Cesar Martins (email@example.com ) until July 31, 2019:
2) Motivation letter outlining details of research interests, expertise, availability, and any further information relevant to the application;
3) Two reference letters (e-mails accepted) from previous professors/advisors/co-workers;
4) Copy of PhD degree certificate.
All documents must be presented in English or Portuguese.
For further information please contact Dr. Cesar Martins (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2796 .
Ph D Candidates: Untangling The Evolution Of A Balanced Lethal System, Leiden University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Apply today The Institute of Biology Leiden at Leiden University and Naturalis Biodiversity Center are looking for PhD candidates: Untangling the Evolution of a Balanced LethalSystem Project descr...
Postdoctoral Position , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 10 minutes ago
Institute of Molecular Cancer Research Postdoctoral Position 100 % Interferon signalling in the control of DNA replication and genome stability Timely and accurate DNA replication in dividing cell...
Ph D Scholarship In Protein Structure, Function And Proteomics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Apply no later than 27 June 2019 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD fellowship is available in the project “Molecular Insight of Alginate ...
Ph D Fellow Positions In Computational Studies Of Protein Stability, Degradation And Interactions, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
Three or more PhD scholarships are available from 1 September 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter, in the PRISM centre, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Den...
Postdoc Positions In Computational Studies Of Protein Stability, Degradation And Interactions, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
Two or more postdoctoral positions are available from Sept 1, 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter, in the PRISM centre, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Den...
Part Time Position As Researcher For The Study Of Civil Society Elites (Pa2019/2236), University of Lund, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are...