The Integrative Genomics Laboratory (www.ibb.unesp.br/lgi ), hosted by São Paulo State University (UNESP), Brazil, and funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) is offering a post-doctoral fellowship for PhDs with outstanding research potential to work on subproject “Towards a functional view of B chromosome biology and its interface with sex chromosomes”, part of the FAPESP Thematic Project “Sex and B chromosome enigmas: model systems for the study of chromosome and genome evolution” (grant number 2015/16661-1). Starting date of activities will be September 1st, 2019.
- Fellowship: monthly stipend of R$ 7,373.10, with duration of 24 months;
- Travel/Moving support: one additional monthly stipend (paid with the 1st fellowship payment) and flight tickets to support moving to Botucatu, SP, Brazil;
- Research Contingency Funds: 15 per cent of the annual value of the fellowship for use in activities developed by the fellowship holder, strictly related to the fellowship research project;
For details on the fellowship and candidate obligations, check http://www.fapesp.br/en/postdoc .
This project is part of a major project involving structural and functional genomics, cytogenetics, bioinformatics and systems biology applied to the study of sex and B chromosomes in different animal models (fishes and insects). The general aim is to advance in the knowledge of the molecular basis that governs the evolutionary history of these chromosomes.
General Tasks: Genome assembling and annotation, search of B and sex chromosomes sequences, genome rearrangements, transcriptomes and microRNomes analysis, gene enrichment analysis, proteomes, and protein networks construction.
Essential skills and experience
- PhD in one of following areas: genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or equivalent fields;
- Experience with bioinformatics applied to genome assembling, genome annotation and transcriptome analysis (mapping/assembling, annotation, differential expression analysis, gene ontology and metabolic pathways descriptions);
- Experience with bioinformatics applied in proteomics (mass spectrometry) (desirable, but not required);
- Proficiently in written and spoken English;
- Programing in Python, or Pearl or C++ (mandatory);
- Graphical data analysis with R, Python, Wolfram, or similar;
- General statistics or math (desirable but not required);
- Leadership and group work;
- Scientific criticism;
- Open minded, creative and cooperative.
- A working team where trust, international collaboration, and commitment are essential;
- Access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure;
- A stimulating and supportive research environment.
How to apply
In order for your application to be processed, the following documents must be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Cesar Martins (email@example.com ) until July 31, 2019:
2) Motivation letter outlining details of research interests, expertise, availability, and any further information relevant to the application;
3) Two reference letters (e-mails accepted) from previous professors/advisors/co-workers;
4) Copy of PhD degree certificate.
All documents must be presented in English or Portuguese.
For further information please contact Dr. Cesar Martins (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2796 .
Ph D Student In Genomics Of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively...
Computational Ph D Position To Investigate Transcriptional Regulation In Embryonic Stem Cells Using Single Cell Genomics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Project and job description The PhD student will analyze large-scale single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomics data from different stages of embryonic development and adult tissues (both mouse a...
Ph D Position: Compilation Of A Bovine Haplotype Reference Panel, ETH, Switzerland, 13 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Agronomy / Foods Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerland - Zurich...
Postdoctoral Position (2 Years) In Bioinformatics Impact Of Climate Change On Flowering And Diversity Of Boreal Forest Trees , Umeå University, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science (Umeå University, Sweden) invites applicants for a postdoctoral position focused on analyzing time series of shotgun metagenomics data aiming at...
Ph D Position In Bioinformatics (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
In the research project the PhD candidate is expected to develop and implement pipeline to analyse a variety of clinical and omics (proteomics, transcriptomics, genomics) data sets. This pipeline ...
Ph D Fellowship In Won Lab At Bric, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are offering a PhD fellowship commencing 1 January 2020. Our group and research We aim to further our understanding of the genome...