(ref. BAP-2021-385)Laatst aangepast : 18/05/2021
Although you will be part of the Quantum Solid State Physics division of the department of Physics and Astronomy, KU Leuven (Belgium), you will be permanently stationed at CERN (Switzerland). In particular, within CERN, you will be embedded in the ISOLDE facility, joining several other postdoctoral researchers, senior researchers, technical staff, and PhD students, carrying out experimental research in condensed matter physics and nuclear physics.
- You will coordinate the use, upgrade and maintenance of several experimental stations at the ISOLDE facility at CERN, which are dedicated to solid-state physics research using radioactive ions as probes (e.g. channeling and hyperfine techniques).
- You will contribute to various research programs within the QSP division and the ISOLDE collaboration.
- You will closely collaborate with KU Leuven researchers (stationed at CERN or in Leuven) as well as with other users of the ISOLDE facility.
- You will contribute with your own expertise and will receive additional training.
- You hold a PhD in Physics, Materials Science or Engineering, obtained after August 2017.
- You are experienced with experimental techniques such as ion implantation, ion beam analysis, hyperfine methods, using radioactive or stable isotopes. In particular, you are experienced with designing, building and maintaining experimental setups.
- Experience with the following is advantageous: particle detectors (including their integration in complex experimental setups); development of software for control of experimental setups and data acquisition.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written) and good skills of communicating within a research group.
- Capability to work in a team as well as independently, problem-solving attitude.
We offer a full-time postdoctoral research position, for one year, extendable to up to three years.
For more information please contact Prof. Lino da Costa Pereira (mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Fabienne Vanalphen, tel.: +32 16 32 72 63, mail: email@example.com.
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Joint Ph D Position Single Cell Regulatory Genomics In Utrecht & Leuven, VIB, Belgium, about 19 hours ago
Description The Laboratory of Computational Biology at the University of Leuven (Belgium) and the Quantitative Biology group at the University of Utrecht and Hubrecht Institute (Netherlands) are s...
Two Postdoctoral Positions In Natural Language Understanding, KU Leuven, Belgium, 9 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Full Time Ph D Researcher In The Field Of Project Scheduling:, KU Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Benefits KU Leuven is the largest university of Belgium and ranked among the top 50 universities in the world. Leuven is a beautiful and liveable city with a large and international student popula...
Ph D Position On Research Ethics, KU Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
Benefits We are offering one full time appointment (100%) as a PhD student for a period of 4 years, within the Centre for Biomedical Ethics and Law (Faculty of Medicine, KU Leuven). The starting d...
Ph D Position On Energy Systems Modeling – Modelling Electricity Consumers’ Decision Making..., KU Leuven, Belgium, 23 days ago
Benefits KU Leuven is among the top European universities. It is a key player in the field of energy research, also through the collaboration within EnergyVille. We offer: A doctoral scholarships ...
Ph D Project Neuromodulation Of Brain And Cross Modal Plasticity, KU Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Benefits Candidates will work in an interactive and highly international research environment, and will contribute to the team spirit of our young and ambitious research group consisting of severa...