The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill the following full time vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences
Postdoctoral position in neuroMRI to study BOLD-based spatiotemporal patterns of neural activity
Bio-Imaging lab - University of Antwerp - Belgium
A post-doctoral position is available for a multidisciplinary project that aims to study changes in functional connectivity (FC) in animal models for Alzheimer. The Bio-Imaging lab has already great expertise in acquiring and analyzing BOLD-based FC. In this project, the post-doctoral fellow will create and implement algorithms to extract quasi-periodic patterns (QPPs), known as large-scale recurring spatiotemporal patterns of neural activity, which have been suggested to be likely contributors to ‘altered’ network connectivity. The project is multidisciplinary (acquiring MRI data of dedicated animal models by PhD student), where the focus of the Post Doc job lies in the advanced image analysis.
The core R&D activity of the Bio-Imaging lab (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/bio-imaging-lab/ ) is experimental high resolution neuroMRI focusing on neurodegeneration, neuromodulation and neuroplasticity. The research is performed on rat and mouse models for different human neuropathologies and on songbirds as a model for neuroplasticity and learning.
Our group has access to micro PET/SPECT/CT and BLI and advanced image processing through other UA research teams with whom we are clustered into a large UA imaging consortium EGAMI (Expert Group Antwerp Molecular Imaging https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/bio-imaging-lab/collaborations/egami-imaging-consortium/ )
Profile and requirements:
- You hold a doctoral degree in (bio)-informatics, biomedical imaging, biomedical engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics, computational neuroscience or a closely related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in one or more topics within the signal and image sciences: data analysis, signal processing techniques, statistical decision theory, and algorithm development.
- Familiarity with machine learning and pattern discovery techniques is a plus.
- Experience coding algorithms in C, C++, Matlab, Python, or similar language used in the signal and image sciences.
- Preferably you have experience with in-vivo Neuro MRI analysis, neurosciences.
- You work accurate and are self-critical.
- You are a self-starter, a problem solver and result oriented.
- You are highly organized and tackle challenges in a structured manner.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have strong communication skills, both in writing and in oral presentations.
- You are fluent in all Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- You have an excellent scientific CV.
- a full-time postdoctoral position for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for 1 year after positive evaluation;
- the contract starts ASAP.
How to apply?
- Send your application, CV and two names of referees to An.Ost@uantwerpen.be and firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Further information can be obtained from: Marleen Verhoye, PI at the Bio-Imaging lab (Tel: + 32 (0)3 265.27.86, Secretary: +32 (0) 3 265.27.80).
- Deadline of application: March 21th , 2019.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Postdoctoral Position On High Resolution Imaging Of Biosensors, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 12 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2019-397) Laatst aangepast : 14/06/2019 The Lab for Nanobiology is a relatively young but dynamic research group. We offer an interdisciplinary environment including research at the doct...
Ph D: High Resolution Smart Imaging Systems For Automotive And Semiconductor Applications (3m E19 55), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
PhD: high-resolution smart imaging systems for automotive and semiconductor applications Department/faculty: Faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering Level: University Graduate Worki...
Ph D Student In Fluorescence Imaging System Development And Signal Analysis (F/M/D) , Technische Universität München, Germany, about 5 hours ago
05.06.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal development and signal analysis (f/m/d) Are you passionate about science, full of ideas and innovative potential and eager to develop emerging technologies ...
Ph D Student Position In Microwave Imaging, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
Information about the research The department provides about 100 courses, of which most are included in the Master’s Programs ”Biomedical Engineering”, “Electric Power Engineering”, ”Systems, Cont...
Post Master Pd Eng Position On Image Based Control, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Position Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng trainee) Department(s) Department of Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.3941 Job description Eindhoven University of Technology has a...
Doctoral Student Of Physics Or Engineering , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 13 hours ago
Department of Economics Doctoral student of Physics or Engineering 60 % The University of Zurich and ETH in Zurich are leading international universities with extensive research programmes. The su...