The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill the following full time vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences
Postdoctoral position in neuroMRI to study BOLD-based spatiotemporal patterns of neural activity
Bio-Imaging lab - University of Antwerp - Belgium
A post-doctoral position is available for a multidisciplinary project that aims to study changes in functional connectivity (FC) in animal models for Alzheimer. The Bio-Imaging lab has already great expertise in acquiring and analyzing BOLD-based FC. In this project, the post-doctoral fellow will create and implement algorithms to extract quasi-periodic patterns (QPPs), known as large-scale recurring spatiotemporal patterns of neural activity, which have been suggested to be likely contributors to ‘altered’ network connectivity. The project is multidisciplinary (acquiring MRI data of dedicated animal models by PhD student), where the focus of the Post Doc job lies in the advanced image analysis.
The core R&D activity of the Bio-Imaging lab (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/bio-imaging-lab/ ) is experimental high resolution neuroMRI focusing on neurodegeneration, neuromodulation and neuroplasticity. The research is performed on rat and mouse models for different human neuropathologies and on songbirds as a model for neuroplasticity and learning.
Our group has access to micro PET/SPECT/CT and BLI and advanced image processing through other UA research teams with whom we are clustered into a large UA imaging consortium EGAMI (Expert Group Antwerp Molecular Imaging https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/bio-imaging-lab/collaborations/egami-imaging-consortium/ )
Profile and requirements:
- You hold a doctoral degree in (bio)-informatics, biomedical imaging, biomedical engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics, computational neuroscience or a closely related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in one or more topics within the signal and image sciences: data analysis, signal processing techniques, statistical decision theory, and algorithm development.
- Familiarity with machine learning and pattern discovery techniques is a plus.
- Experience coding algorithms in C, C++, Matlab, Python, or similar language used in the signal and image sciences.
- Preferably you have experience with in-vivo Neuro MRI analysis, neurosciences.
- You work accurate and are self-critical.
- You are a self-starter, a problem solver and result oriented.
- You are highly organized and tackle challenges in a structured manner.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have strong communication skills, both in writing and in oral presentations.
- You are fluent in all Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- You have an excellent scientific CV.
- a full-time postdoctoral position for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for 1 year after positive evaluation;
- the contract starts ASAP.
How to apply?
- Send your application, CV and two names of referees to An.Ost@uantwerpen.be and firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Further information can be obtained from: Marleen Verhoye, PI at the Bio-Imaging lab (Tel: + 32 (0)3 265.27.86, Secretary: +32 (0) 3 265.27.80).
- Deadline of application: March 21th , 2019.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Ph D Position, Nonlinear Optical Nano Hybrid Materials Towards Bio Imaging Applications, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 5 hours ago
At the physics department of the University of Antwerp (UA), Belgium, a PhD student position is available in the Laboratory for Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, in collaboration with the Bru...
Ph D Position, Intertidal Areas In The Suspended Matter Behaviour In The Schelde Estuary, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 5 hours ago
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Biology for a doctoral student in the area of estuarine ecology PhD grant Role of intertidal areas in the ...
Ph D Position, Children's Literature Studies , University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 5 hours ago
The Department of Literature in the Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Literature for a PhD candidate in the area of children’s literature studies T...
Postdoc Positions In Ultrasound Beam Forming, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2019-594) Laatst aangepast : 3/09/2019 The lab on cardiovascular imaging and dynamics (CVID) of the department of cardiovascular sciences at the University of Leuven has a longstanding t...
Ph D Position, Microbiome Structure Of Warmed Grasslands , University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 5 hours ago
The Plants and Ecosystems Research group (PLECO) of the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science offers a vacancy for a full-time PhD position, Microbiome structure of warmed grasslands Descripti...
Entry Level Position For Technical / Scientific Staff At The Imaging Core Facility 80 100% / Starting 1 January 2020or As Per Agreement, University of Basel, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
Entry-level position for Technical / Scientific Staff at the Imaging Core Facility 80 - 100% / Starting 1 January 2020 or as per agreement The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the l...