(ref. BAP-2020-203)Laatst aangepast : 24/03/2020
The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases headed by prof. Bart De Strooper is a vibrant environment where key issues related to Alzheimer’s disease are tackled. We are currently looking for a motivated postdoc to research how genetic risk for Alzheimer’s disease translates into microglial dysfunction, using human iPS cells and human/mouse chimeric models of Alzheimer’s disease (see Mancuso et al. 2019 Nature Neuroscience).
- This research position is open to candidates with a strong background in microglial biology, with experience in mouse models of disease and stem cell technology
- Knowledge of bioinformatics and omics techniques are an advantage but not strictly required
- Background in immunology would be a great asset, but not strictly required
- Given our multidisciplinary research team and close collaboration with external partners, project management and effective communication skills, as well as good mastery of the English language are essential
- An exceptional strong scientific environment
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating, diverse international research environment in a world-class academic laboratory
- Animal models, expertise in neurodegenerative disorders
- Financial support is available for at least 1 year. However, the successful candidate is encouraged to obtain a personal fellowship (Marie-Curie, HFSP, EMBO, or National funding organizations).
- Start date: as soon as possible - the position is available immediately
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Bart De Strooper, tel.: +32 16 37 32 46, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Annerieke Sierksma, tel.: +32 16 37 70 36, mail: email@example.com.
Please include a detailed CV,a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience and a list of publications.
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Ph D Positions (2) On Lysosomal Homeostasis In Alzheimer’s Disease And Dementia With Lewy Bodies, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, 7 days ago
Ph D Positions (2) On Lysosomal Homeostasis In Alzheimer’s Disease And Dementia With Lewy Bodies, VIB, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
The Laboratory for Membrane Trafficking , headed by Wim Annaert is part of the Department of Neurosciences and of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research (CBD) at KU Leuven/ Campus...
Ph D Student, Peripheral Neuropathy Research Group , University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 22 hours ago
Job function: PhD student Peripheral Neuropathy Research Group: The PhD student will perform genome and transcriptome engineering with CRISPR/Cas to study neurodegeneration in the peripheral nervo...
Postdoctoral Candidate Interested In Applying For A Msca If In Neurosciences Non Coding Rn As In..., Institute of Neurosciences, Spain, 25 days ago
POSTDOCTORAL CANDIDATE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A MSCA-IF IN NEUROSCIENCES Non-coding RNAs in neurological conditions Are you a postdoctoral researcher thinking about your next career move? The ...
Postdoc Position(S) Available In The Organoid Models Of Regeneration And Disease , ShanghaiTech University ;, China, 1 day ago
ShanghaiTech University - Lab at the iHuman Institute The newly launched ‘Organoid Models of Regeneration and Disease’ lab at iHuman Institute, ShanghaiTech University is actively seeking highly m...
Two Postdoctoral Positions In Cell Calcium Signaling Newly Established Mikoshiba Lab , ShanghaiTech University ;, China, 1 day ago
ShanghaiTech University The Mikoshiba lab at ShanghaiTech University is recruiting ambitious and highly motivated individuals for two funded postdoctoral positions. The Mikoshiba lab studies the c...