Department: Department Research Affairs & Innovation
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Research and Innovation (ADOC) is looking for a full-time (100%) PhD student in the field of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Transfer at universities within the framework of the European project Inno4YUFE that aims to stimulate a new generation of student entrepreneurs and innovators . Inno4YUFE is a consortium of 10 YUFE partner universities and Voka Chamber of Commerce Antwerp-Waasland. YUFE stands for Young Universities for the Future of Europe; the University of Antwerp is one of the 10 YUFE universities https://yufe.eu/.
As a researcher you will have the opportunity to do a PhD in the context of Inno4YUFE on Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Transfer at universities in Europe.
You will be guided and directed by a mixed team: on the one hand from the Inno4YUFE policy team in particular by a policy promoter of the University of Antwerp/ADOC who ensures the embedding in the European project, the connection with the 'state of the art' European policy developments and the connection with the vision and mission of the YUFE alliance; and on the other by an academic promoter who will facilitate the embedding in the academic community.
- You perform research on innovative models, tools and processes to stimulate student entrepreneurship, student startups, social innovation, innovation ecosystems and knowledge transfer processes at Knowledge & Technology Transfer Offices (KTOs) of universities;
- You participate - in the context of Inno4YUFE- in activities of sharing best practices, the co-creation of common programs and setting up pilots around these topics;
- You provide support to the management of the Inno4YUFE project (preparation, organization and reporting of international team meetings, internal and external communication, reporting on these projects, ...);
- You co-develop and/or support the actions for which the University of Antwerp is responsible within the Inno4YUFE project;
- You publish articles in scientific journals;
- You present your research results during conferences at home and abroad;
- You are preparing a PhD.
- You hold a master's degree in either: Political, Social, Socio-Economic Sciences, International Relations and Diplomacy; Communication Sciences; Business Economics, Business Engineering or Applied Economic Sciences; or have had a comparable education; students graduating in September 2021 can also apply;
- You can demonstrate excellent study results;
- Previous international experience (e.g. through an exchange, study and/or work experience abroad, participation in an international project, etc.) is recommended;
- Experience with (student) entrepreneurship and innovation is a plus;
- You are interested in European policy, innovation and entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems;
- You are communicative and culturally sensitive, and you have an international orientation;
- You have a very good oral and written knowledge of English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- You are willing to travel (domestic and abroad) in the context of your tasks and assignments;
- You can easily work with MS Office;
- You work in a customer-friendly, honest, creative, quality-oriented and collaborative manner;
- You are a team player;
What we offer
- A four-year doctoral scholarship, for an initial period of one year, 1 October 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter); renewable after positive interim evaluation;
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- A dynamic and stimulating research and working environment;
- Numerous possibilities for cooperation with a large international network.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 22 August 2021(by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV, and a recent paper or text (e.g. master's thesis) showing how to write scientific texts (preferably in English - click here for the optional job application appendix for BAP
- The selection committee assesses all applications as soon as possible after August 22 and makes an initial selection based on CV. The selected candidates will be invited for an individual selection interview on 1 September. For the selection interview, you prepare a presentation based on a number of policy papers and scientific articles that you will receive in good time after the first selection. We therefore ask you to take into account the date of September 1, 2021 on which the selection interviews will take place in your agenda (this can also be done digitally).
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, you can contact until the end of July 2021 Mrs. Barbara Tan; email@example.com Uantwerpen contactpoint Inno4YUFE and from 9 August 2021 you can contact Dr. Tim Engels, Head of Department of Research & Innovation; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Aquatic Ecotoxicology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 20 days ago
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 student...
Frances Skeet Charitable Trust Scholarship For Returning Students, University of Waikato, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
If you are new to the University of Waikato you will need to: Complete an Application to Enrol BEFORE you can have access to apply for Scholarships and Awards (This application is not a commitment...
Ph D Candidate/Junior Lecturer In Marketing, Radboud University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a PhD candidate/Junior Lecturer for its Marketing group. As a PhD candidate/Junior Lecturer you will h...
Ph D Candidate/Junior Lecturer In Marketing (0.8 1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 2,836 - € 4,474 Nijmegen School of Management Required background: Research University Degree Application deadline: 26 September 2021 The Departme...
Ph D Position On The Function Of Flavonols In Promoting Reproductive Thermotolerance In Plants, KU Leuven, Belgium, 27 days ago
Benefits We offer a full-time PhD position for 1 year, which can be extended by 3 years after a positive evaluation (4 years in total). We are committed to offer scientific training that will prep...
Ph D Candidate/Junior Lecturer In Marketing And Responsible Innovation (0.8 1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, 14 days ago
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 2,836 - € 4,474 Nijmegen School of Management Required background: Research University Degree Application deadline: 12 September 2021 The Departme...