About the labs
- The SWITCH Laboratory is one of the leading laboratories in human disease-related protein aggregation. It is an interdisciplinary workplace, bringing together about 25 researchers from different backgrounds, such as bioinformatics, biophysics and cell biology. SWITCH has a unique platform of technologies for studying protein aggregation, including biophysical, ultrastructural and cell biological instrumentations. For a primer on who we are, what we do and our latest publications, see http://www.switchlab.org/
- The lab for therapeutic and diagnostic antibodies has more than 25 years of expertise in the generation, optimization and in vitro and vivo validation of antibody(-fragments). The laboratory also hosts Pharmabs, the KU Leuven innovation, valorisation and incubation platform for the development of antibody-based therapeutics and diagnostics. The team consists out of about 20 enthusiastic researchers. More info, see https://pharm.kuleuven.be/biotech .
We are looking for a student for a project of computational antibody design that aims to design de novo antibodies against any desired target without the need for immunization. Your role will mainly be focused on taking the predicted antibodies from the software and selecting actual binders in an experimental high throughput setup. An interest in and an affinity for structural computational biology is certainly a plus, but your core expertise should be on the experimental side: phage display, protein purification and biophysical characterization.
- M.Sc. Bio-engineering (biotechnology), M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Sciences, or similar
- M.Sc. Bio-informatics is considered a plus, if combined with a biotechnological or biophysical background
- Experience with protein purification, phage display and biophysics is a plus
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, critical and creative
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team is a must
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English
Starting Date: 1st Oct 2021
How to apply?
For more information contact email@example.com. Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV including list of publications, a motivation letter, and the contact information of three referees.
Postdoctoral Position In Dr. Lori West's Lab, Dept Of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Canada, about 21 hours ago
Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) – in Immunology/Glycoimmunology Description of Study Projects are related to the ABO histo-blood group system, studying the role of ABH glycans and ABO antibodies, specif...
Ph D Position In Molecular Neurodegeneration/Neuropsychiatry , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 23 hours ago
23.07.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal A PhD position to investigate molecular and biochemical mechanisms underlying the protein misfolding disease CADASIL (and possibly other protein aggregation...
Two Postdoc Positions In Cell Signalling, Proteomics And Glycoproteomics (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
We are looking for two highly motivated postdoc candidates to work in the area of cell signaling, glycoproteomics, and protein mass spectrometry on the following topics: Postdoctoral Researcher 1:...
Phd Candidate Research Into T Cell Engineering, Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam), Netherlands, 10 days ago
Adoptive therapy with T cell receptor (TCR)-engineered T cells has demonstrated objective responses in multiple types of tumors, including hard-to-treat solid tumors. To further advance adoptive T...
Postdoc Position In Protein Signalling, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are looking for an excellent and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher ...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Cellular Biology / Pharmacology, FAPESP - São Paulo Research Foundation, Brazil, 28 days ago
A post-doctoral fellowship is available for the development of a research project, entitled “Identification of animal toxin-derived peptides with antitumor and immunomodulatory properties”, under ...