Department: Department of Bioscience Engineering
The AXES research group at the University of Antwerp has an open position for a PhD to strengthen our developments in the field of photo-electrochemical DNA based sensors.
The overall goal of this PhD will be the development of novel photo-electrochemical biosensors that will pave the way to the construction of affordable, robust, user-friendly and portable platforms for healthcare applications. Due to the integration of recognition bioelements (e.g. DNA/RNA, antibodies or aptamers), electrochemical biosensors are ideally suited for the selective determination of a wide variety of clinically relevant targets such as biomarkers (miRNA), hormones and other biomolecules. The detection of the analyte of interest will be achieved by taking advantage of the cost-effectiveness and sensitive detection provided by the photo-electrochemical strategies. This PhD will contribute to the efforts of getting insight into a yet unexplored biosensing strategy.
PhD position in Science in the field of photo-electrochemical DNA based sensors
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of photo-electrochemical DNA based sensors.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You present your work at national and international workshops and conferences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, bioscience or applied engineering.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A creative and analytical mind.
- In view of the international context, mastering of the English language (both oral and written) is mandatory.
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further one or two-year period after positive evaluation;
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- The start date of the scholarship can be discussed, ideally in spring-summer 2021;
- A dynamic and international working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including Arpil 15th 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments 1) a detailed CV (including honours, grades, skills, publications, …), 2) contact info of two references together with 3) a strong motivation letter 4) a weblink to a short video introducing yourself
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact email@example.com .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Ph D Candidate, University of Patras, Greece, 2 days ago
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD candidate with a background in cell and molecular biology to work in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment. Our lab is interested in understandin...
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder In The Field Of Mathematical Modelling In Immunology (Not..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, 19 days ago
Department: Vaccine & infectious disease institute Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. W...
Postdoctoral Studies In Dna Damage And Ubiquitin Signaling (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB, https://ki.se/en/cmb/department-of-cell-and-molecular-biology) is one of five departme...
Ph D Position – Epibel: Epidemics And Inequalities In Belgium From The Plague To Covid 19: What Can..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, 26 days ago
Department: Department of History Regime Full-time We are looking for a post-doc researcher and a PhD-researcher for 4 years. Your research is part of the BELSPO BRAIN-BE 2.0 project EPIBEL (2020-...
Doctoral Grant Inflammation And Infection, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 12 days ago
Department: Cell Biology and Histology Regime Full-time The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Antwerp is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Laboratory of ...
Three Full Time Doctoral Candidates In The Fields Of History, Digital Humanities, Children’s... (# Of Pos: 3), University of Antwerp, Belgium, 12 days ago
Department: Department of History Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innova...