The FWO supports fundamental scientific research, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equal opportunity.
The PhD Fellowship (“mandaat aspirant”) is a funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD.
For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with: SCK•CEN , L'Oreal-Unesco and VITO . The PhD research must be fundamental in nature.
Who can apply?
- You are of Belgian nationality or belong to one of the member states of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland. Non-EU candidates must have a basic degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland
- You hold a Master's degree
- If, on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details)
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part)
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship
- On 1 October you have three years scientific seniority at most
Period: 2 years, renewable once
How does it work?
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation
- You complete your application online, deadline: 1st of February
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expertpanels
- The Expertpanels compile a ranking, which will be used as basis by the Flemish universities to formulate a funding proposal
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment (start: 1st of October)
- You can ask for feedback on the decision
How much funding is involved?
- Net scholarship amount: minimum €1.860,55
- Fixed bench fee: €3.720/year from FWO
Department of Research Affairs - Research Co-ordination Office
Ph D Student: 4 D X Ray Imaging And Modelling Of Wood Fibre Based Materials, Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
Last application date Apr 15, 2018 13:00 Department LA20 - Department of Environment Contract Limited duration Degree Master in Sciences , (Civil or Bioscience) Engineering, Physics, Wood Science ...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
Last application date Mar 15, 2018 23:59 Department LW22 - Department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication Contract Limited duration Occupancy rate 100% Vacancy Type Research staff Job d...
Six Ph D Fellowships In Astrophysics At The Iac (# Of Pos: 6), INSTITUTO DE ASTROFISICA DE CANARIAS (IAC), Spain, 15 days ago
The IAC (Tenerife, Spain) invites applications for SIX PhD fellowships in Astrophysics: 1.- Astrophysics Research Fellowships (5 positions) 2.- Astrophysics Instrumentation Fellowships (1 positio...
Doctoral Student, 'law & Development', University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 6 hours ago
Skip to main content You are here European Commission › EURAXESS › Jobs & Funding › Doctoral student, 'Law & Development' EURAXESS Toggle navigation Jobs & Funding More Working environment Char...
Doctoral Student, Constitutional Law And Legislative Studies, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 18 days ago
Skip to main content EURAXESS EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion Toggle navigation Jobs & Funding More Working environment Charter & Code for Researchers Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HR...
The Mozart Fellowship 2019, University of Otago, New Zealand, 2 days ago
The Fellowship was established by the University Council in 1969 and was made possible by the generous interest of anonymous friends of the University. The general purpose of the Mozart Fellowship...