TheUniversityofAntwerp is seeking to fill the following fulltime vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Pharmacy-Veterinary and Biomedical sciences:
Engineer/Master/PhDTechnologistMagnetic Resonance Imaging
The Bio-Imaging Lab is an academic research laboratory and core facility of the University of Antwerp with 21 employees and numerous international collaborations. The research focus is fundamental and applied research on neuroplasticity, neurodegeneration and neuromodulation, using neuro-imaging, multi-modal in-vivo techniques in small animals i.e. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and spectroscopy (MRS), bioluminescence imaging (BLI), EEG, electrophysiology, calcium imaging and behavior.
- You support the team in data acquisition and processing.
- You are responsible for optimizing and implementing new acquisition methods on different MRI scanners and for implementing new processing and analysis methods.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of imaging and peripheral electronic equipment.
- After an internal training, you are able to acquire data independently using state-of–the-art equipment for small animal research such as 9.4T, 7T and 4.7T MRI scanners, Bioluminescence camera, EEG and electrophysiology, physiological monitoring and measuring equipment.
- You work in close collaboration with neuroscientists and biomedici.
- You have a critical and positive mindset, are able to independently analyze and solve problems, are a clear team player with excellent communicate skills.
- You have a master's degree or equivalent competencies through experience or a PhD in / Biomedical Engineering
- Experience with MRI acquisition and/or processing would be a bonus
- You have experience in programming (Matlab, C ++, Python and Bash-scripting), for the processing and analysis of the data.
- You have experience in the field of electronics/RF technology.You have experience/great interest in digital data processing and statistical analysis.
- You are motivated, prepared to give the best of yourself in your job.You have good oral and written English skills.
- You are communicative, honest, creative, quality-oriented and collaborative.
- You can work safely and you are environmentally conscious.
- A contract, starting date asap, of one-year trial period with possibility of extension upon satisfaction. (Between €2.611,26 and € 3.026,73 gross per month)
- A gross monthly salary depending on seniority and relevant qualifications.
- Continuing education.Engaging and stimulating work environment.
- Eco-cheques and meal-cheques
- Reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel or bicycle compensation.
- 40 days of holiday + 1 week collective closing (between Christmas and New Year)
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Engineer/Master/Ph D Technologist Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2020 Atpffbdef126, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 10 days ago
The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Pharmacy-Veterinary and Biomedical sciences: Engineer/...
Doctoral Student, Hereditary Hearing Impairment 2020 Bapfggwef127, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 7 days ago
The Center for Medical Genetics Antwerp (CMG) and the Nose and Throat and Ear Diseases Department (NKO) are both diagnostic and research departments within the University of Antwerp and the Univer...
Ph D Student / Bio Informatician In Computational Protein Modeling, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 15 days ago
The Center for Medical Genetics Antwerp is a diagnostic and research institute within the University of Antwerp and the Antwerp University Hospital, comprising over 100 scientists, of which over 4...
Ph D Data Driven And Ai Based Control Of Hvac And Chemical Systems 2020 Bapftief133, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 3 days ago
IMEC imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound sof...
Ph D Student Fhml/School For Cardiovascular Diseases/Carim Biomedical Engineering, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
PhD student FHML/School for Cardiovascular Diseases/CARIM - Biomedical Engineering PhD student FHML/School for Cardiovascular Diseases/CARIM - Biomedical Engineering Published Deadline Location 31...
Ph D In Device Free Localization 2020 Bapftief131, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 3 days ago
IMEC Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nano-electronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound so...