The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Pharmacy-Veterinary and Biomedical sciences:
Engineer/Master/PhD Technologist Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The Bio-Imaging Lab is an academic research laboratory and core facility of the University of Antwerp with 21 employees and numerous international collaborations. The research focus is fundamental and applied research on neuroplasticity, neurodegeneration and neuromodulation, using neuro-imaging, multi-modal in-vivo techniques in small animals i.e. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and spectroscopy (MRS), bioluminescence imaging (BLI), EEG, electrophysiology, calcium imaging and behavior.
- You support the team in data acquisition and processing.
- You are responsible for optimizing and implementing new acquisition methods on different MRI scanners and for implementing new processing and analysis methods.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of imaging and peripheral electronic equipment.
- After an internal training, you are able to acquire data independently using state-of–the-art equipment for small animal research such as 9.4T, 7T and 4.7T MRI scanners, Bioluminescence camera, EEG and electrophysiology, physiological monitoring and measuring equipment.
- You work in close collaboration with neuroscientists and biomedici.
- You have a critical and positive mindset, are able to independently analyze and solve problems, are a clear team player with excellent communicate skills.
- You have a master's degree or equivalent competencies through experience or a PhD in / Biomedical Engineering
- Experience with MRI acquisition and/or processing would be a bonus
- You have experience in programming (Matlab, C ++, Python and Bash-scripting), for the processing and analysis of the data.
- You have experience in the field of electronics/RF technology.You have experience/great interest in digital data processing and statistical analysis.
- You are motivated, prepared to give the best of yourself in your job.You have good oral and written English skills.
- You are communicative, honest, creative, quality-oriented and collaborative.
- You can work safely and you are environmentally conscious.
- A contract, starting date asap, of one-year trial period with possibility of extension upon satisfaction. (Between €2.611,26 and € 3.026,73 gross per month)
- A gross monthly salary depending on seniority and relevant qualifications.
- Continuing education.Engaging and stimulating work environment.
- Eco-cheques and meal-cheques
- Reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel or bicycle compensation.
- 40 days of holiday + 1 week collective closing (between Christmas and New Year)
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Ph D Student, Drug Exposure Prediction In Neonates, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the Department of Veterinary Sciences for a Doctoral student in a FWO-funded project tha...
Doctoral Grant, Machine Learning, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Computer Science Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Machine Learning Univ...
Doctoral Student, Temporomandibular Dysfunctions And Tinnitus, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) or part time vacancy in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, research groep MOVANT and of ...
Ph D Candidate 4 Years Project Title: Value Of Ultra High Field Mri For Focal Epilepsy (Epi Ultra Study), Maastricht University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
PhD candidate 4 years Project title: Value of Ultra High field MRI for focal epilepsy (EpiUltra study) PhD candidate 4 years Project title: Value of Ultra High field MRI for focal epilepsy (Ep...
Doctoral Student, Health Law, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
The Faculty of Law, Research group Personal Rights & Property Rights, Antwerp Health Law and Ethics Chair (AHLEC), is seeking to fill a full-time (100 %) vacancy for a Doctoral student in the ar...
Ph D, Resurgence Of Customary Authority In Contemporary Democratic Republic Of Congo, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
The Institute of Development Policy (IOB) of the University of Antwerp wants to contribute to a more just and sustainable world through multidisciplinary academic research, education, partnership...