Department: Department of Veterinary Sciences
The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Veterinary Sciences in the Lab of Cell Biology and Histology for a doctoral student in the area of Biomedical Sciences
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of biomedical science in the lab Cell biology and Histology. The main research topics of the team you will be working is the role of enteric Neuro-Immune regulation in the mucosal homeostasis during neurodegenerative disease.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You contribute to teaching and research in Department of Veterinary _Lab of Cell biology and Histology.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master’s degree in biomedical sciences or Biochemistry-Biotechnology or Biology or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- You can submit outstanding academic results. And with possibility candidate to apply for FWO.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy .
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You like to understand how our intestine works. You also want to tell the world about your findings.
- Experience working with mice and holding a certificate of laboratory animal scientist (FELASA cat. B or C equivalent) would be an advantage.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
- Having Knowledge about R and/or Data management or statistics analysis is not required, but certainly a plus.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- The planned start date is January-February 2021;
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including December 10, 2020 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your extended CV, a detailed survey of the courses taken during the master education and two reference names.
- You also send a copy of these attachments to Prof. Sales Ibiza Martinez (email@example.com ) until the closing date 10/12/20.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Sales Ibiza Martinez, Tel. 032652847 email@example.com
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Ph D Position Genetics Of Neuropathological Changes In Alzheimer’s Disease, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
Department: Department of Biomedical Sciences Regime Full-time PhD position – Genetics of neuropathological changes in Alzheimer’s disease Position The Sleegers lab at the VIB-UAntwerp Center for...
Ph D Student Pharmacological Induction Of Autophagy, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
Department: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regime Full-time The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences and the faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences are looking for...
Ph D Student Medicinal Chemistry, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
Department: Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Regime Full-time The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences at the University of Antwerp is seeking to fill a full-time (10...
Ph D Position In Neuroimmunology And Brain Macrophages, VIB, Belgium, about 19 hours ago
Description The Movahedi lab and Van Ginderachter lab are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to commence a Ph.D. in neuroimmunology and macrophage biology. The project is part of a high profile...
Ph D‘Physics Of Collective Metastasis’, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 6 days ago
“Physics of cancer: find out how cancer cell clusters invade tissues” ‘Physics of Collective Metastasis’ Cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide. The major cause for mortality is the...
Postdoctoral Position In Brain And Cancer Immunology, VIB, Belgium, about 19 hours ago
Description The Movahedi lab and Van Ginderachter lab are looking for an outstanding postdoctoral scientist interested in understanding how the immune system, and in particular macrophages and den...