Department: Vaccine Trial Team & Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Diagnostics
The Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is looking for a full-time (100%)
Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Vaccination & Pregnancy, within a FWO-funded project entitled: “The optimal timing of vaccination in pregnancy: a multi-dimensional mechanistic approach to measure immune responses in pregnant women”
- You will work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of Medical Sciences.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- You will be responsible for the daily conduct of clinical trials (recruitment of participants, collection of data, assistance in sample collection and processing…).
- You will perform laboratory activities.
- You hold a Master degree in Biomedical Sciences, Bio-Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry or Medicine.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- Having a car and driving licence is an asset.
- You have good administrative skills and you are a quick learner.
- You have a professional attitude towards confidential data.
- You are strongly motivated, flexible, stress resistant and a strong communicator (both in Dutch and English).
- Experience with the conduct of clinical trials (knowledge of ICH-GCP) and laboratory work is an asset.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 01/04/2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including February 22nd, 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: March 3th 2021, March 10th 2021.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Kirsten Maertens, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Doctoral Scholarship Holder In Evolutionary Computational Genomics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 21 days ago
Department: Department of Biology Regime Full-time The Department of Department of Biology in the Faculty of Science is looking for a full-time (100%) Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of e...
Ph D Student Positions In Phase Contrast X Ray Imaging, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 24 days ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time PhD student positions in Phase Contrast X-ray Imaging (f/m) Description: The microstructure of an object determines its properties. It tells you ...
Postdoc Position In Computational Tomographic Imaging, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 24 days ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time Research Group: The Vision Lab, an imec (https://www.imec-int.com/en/home ) research group of the physics department at the University of Antwerp...
Ph D Vacancy In Artificial Intelligence For An Automated Lab, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 21 days ago
IMEC imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound soft...
Sullivan/Margaritis Award The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Full-time undergraduate study in the University of Auckland Business School Opening date: TBC Closi...
Euro Vintage Sensory Science Prize The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 3 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: WINESCI 704 Opening date: Closing date: By nomination Tenure: For: Prize Number on offer: One Offer...