Department: Institute of Development Policy (IOB)
The Institute of Development Policy (IOB) of the University of Antwerp is looking for a full-time (100%)
Doctoral scholarship holder to work on an impact evaluation study in Eastern DR Congo.
The project title is “The multidimensional impact of rural and urban electrification: economic development, security and conservation? Follow-up research in Eastern Congo”. A project description can be found here .
- You spend extensive periods in North-Kivu, DR Congo, to coordinate field work activities.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Economics or Development Studies.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the vacancy.
Profile and requirements
- You hold an advanced master degree in Economics, Development Studies, or a related discipline.
- Students in the final year of their advanced master degree can also apply.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are familiar with quantitative methods in social science research, in particular with causal identification strategies.
- You have experience in collecting and analysing micro-level data (household, firm,…).
- You have experience working with STATA, and preferably also with GIS software and with analysing geo-referenced data.
- An ability to combine quantitative with qualitative methods would be an asset.
- You are fluent in English and French. Knowledge of Kiswahili or a local language of North-Kivu province is a strong plus.
What we offer
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of four years, provided a yearly positive evaluation;
- The start date of the scholarship will be between June 1st 2021 and November 1st 2021; with possible participation in fieldwork activities already from March 2021 onwards (depending on your availability and/or travel restrictions).
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
How to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including February 4th 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV, bothin English.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Marijke Verpoorten , Marijke.email@example.com
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Doctoral Scholarship Holder In Gravitational Wave Instrumentation, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 6 hours ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time The Department of Physics in the Faculty of Sciences is looking for a full-time (100%) Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of gravitational ...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder In Evolutionary Computational Genomics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 21 days ago
Department: Department of Biology Regime Full-time The Department of Department of Biology in the Faculty of Science is looking for a full-time (100%) Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of e...
Ph D Positions In Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium, 9 days ago
Benefits The successful applicants will be offered a fully-funded place in the doctoral program. The academic year starts on September 27, 2021, but there is some flexibility to start earlier if t...
Ph D Positions In Economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 5 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-154) Laatst aangepast : 18/02/2021 The Department of Economics KU Leuven is recruiting motivated students to start in its doctoral program leading to a PhD in Economics. You will jo...
Sullivan/Margaritis Award The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 3 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Full-time undergraduate study in the University of Auckland Business School Opening date: TBC Closi...
Euro Vintage Sensory Science Prize The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 4 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: WINESCI 704 Opening date: Closing date: By nomination Tenure: For: Prize Number on offer: One Offer...