Department: Department of Chemistry
The Department of CHEMISTRY in the Faculty of SCIENCE is looking for a full-time (100%)
Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of synthesis-properties-performance correlation of photo- and photo-electrocatalysts for CO2 conversion
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of synthesis-properties performance correlation of inorganic catalysts for CO2 conversion. The PhD topic is part of a multi-partner project oriented to photocatalytic and electro-photocatalytic CO2 conversion including catalyst development, in-depth characterisation and predictive design and reactor engineering. This topic is focused on materials synthesis and modification and in-depth characterisation.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the chemistry department and the laboratory of Adsorption and Catalysis (LADCA).
- You hold a Master degree in Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Applied engineering or Bio-engineering with a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and characterisation or you will have obtained it by the time you start your PhD.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Experience with inorganic chemistry and characterization of porous materials in a research context is a plus.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate with other PhD students, postdocs and partners involved in this project
- You are fluent in English, eager to learn and safety minded.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year, but following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed each year for a maximum of 4 years for the full scholarship.
- The planned start date is April 1st 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including February 11, 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV and your diploma transcripts if available
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Vera Meynen or Prof. Dr. Pegie Cool, PhD promoters, email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Doctoral Scholarship Holder In Evolutionary Computational Genomics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 21 days ago
Department: Department of Biology Regime Full-time The Department of Department of Biology in the Faculty of Science is looking for a full-time (100%) Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of e...
Ph D Student Positions In Phase Contrast X Ray Imaging, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 24 days ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time PhD student positions in Phase Contrast X-ray Imaging (f/m) Description: The microstructure of an object determines its properties. It tells you ...
Ph D Position: Scale Up Of Co2 Electrochemical Conversion Processes, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 6 days ago
The storage of renewable electricity in chemical bonds is a compelling technological option to synthesise fuels and chemicals that use CO2 as raw material. The renewable energy provider (with a va...
Ph D Fellow In Organic Chemistry And Electrochemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Organic Chemistry commencing 01.07.2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. Description of t...
Postdoc Position In Computational Tomographic Imaging, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 24 days ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time Research Group: The Vision Lab, an imec (https://www.imec-int.com/en/home ) research group of the physics department at the University of Antwerp...
A Doctoral Student (4 Years) Position Of Computer Aided Realization Of Photocatalysts In The Erc Consolidator Grant Catch, University of Oulu, Findland, about 15 hours ago
We, at the University of Oulu, work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to...