Department: Department of Transport and Regional Economics
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Transport and Regional Economics (TPR) in the Faculty of Business and economics is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the field of smart ports and inland navigation economics.
- You will work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of transport economics with a special focus on smart ports and inland navigation. The PhD project is linked to a European research project, in which novel innovation project approaches are being developed and evaluated to create smart European ports and hinterland connections. The scope of the research is Europe.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the Department of Transport and Regional Economics (TPR).
- You hold a Master degree in transport economics or engineering or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year to start. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed for another period of three years.
- The planned start date is 15 November 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 20 October 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your (academic) CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: the week of 25 till 29 October for interviews.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Edwin van Hassel, professor, Edwin.email@example.com .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Infection Immunology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 6 days ago
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20,000 student...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Quantifying And Modelling The Impact Of Small Scale Water Retention..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, 5 days ago
Let's shape the future - University of Antwerp UAntwerpen and KULeuven, in collaboration with ILVO are looking for a full-time (100%) Joint Doctoral Scholarship holder in the field of quantifying ...
Ph D Position In Smart Energy Solutions To Enable Flexibility In European Green Ports, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Delft University of Technology is hiring a doctoral candidate on the subject of “Smart energy solutions to enable flexibility in European green ports”. The PhD position is part of the MAGPIE proje...
Jll Scholarship The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2 days ago
About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applications Applicable study: Year 2 of BProp or BProp conjoint degree Opening date: 31 January Closing date: 14 March Tenure: O...
Postdoctoral Position In Hydrogen Aircraft Propulsion, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
We invite applicants to join a team of leading-edge researchers within the area of turbomachinery applications for aeroengines. This is an opportunity for you to contribute to the development of a...
Doctoral Students (F/M/D) In Behavioral Science/Economics And Health Policy In South And Southeast Asia , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 15 hours ago
05.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are hiring two doctoral students (f/m/d) to be employed as research assistants (65%) in the newly created Assistant Professorship of Behavioral Science f...