Department: Department of Accountancy and Finance
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Accountancy and Finance in the Faculty of Business and Economics is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the field of real estate economics and finance.
- You will work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of real estate economics and finance. You study the causal effects of mandatory energy performance certificates (EPC) on real estate prices, investments in energy efficiency and energy consumption. There is room for one or two additional papers in the broad area of real estate economics and finance.
- You will publish articles in international scientific journals
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- You hold a Master degree in Economics, Business Economics, Commercial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics, or similar.
- If you will have obtained your Master degree by 1 October 2021, you may also apply.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to do research.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year, which can be extended to four years depending on yearly positive evaluation.
- The planned start date is 1 October 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP). The net salary equals about €2000 per month.
- You will do most of your work at the Antwerp City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including August 9, 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your cv, transcript of all university grades and a master thesis (if available).
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. Sven Damen (email@example.com ).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Aquatic Ecotoxicology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 20 days ago
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 student...
Ph D Vacancy For Financial Reporting (And Auditing) In A Nonprofit Context, KU Leuven, Belgium, 30 days ago
Benefits We offer employment as a full-time doctoral researcher for a maximum period of 4 years (pending positive yearly evaluations). Eligibility criteria - You have earned a Master degree in bus...
Ph D In Natural Corrosion Inhibitors And Green Biocides For Oil Field Applications (14 21077), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
PhD in natural corrosion inhibitors and green biocides for oil field applications (14-21077) At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, AAU Energy, a position as PhD stipend is available within th...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In Energy Systems Modelling, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, Europe, 16 days ago
About the position There is a temporary position available at the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management (IØT) as Postdoctoral Fellow for a period of 3 years. The position is...
Ph D Empowering Women By Relieving Economic/ Psychological Barriers, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching...
Ph D Student Position: Facilitating The City Energy System Transition Local Flexibility, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 26 days ago
Information about the research Historically, the majority of the electricity requested in cities has been imported. However, due to urbanization and electrification, the city electricity demand is...