The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the field of vascular ageing and cardiovascular disease
- You will work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the research group of Physiopharmacology (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/research-groups/fyfar/ ) and contribute to research in the field of elastin-derived peptides and their role in cardiovascular disease and vascular ageing.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences by means of mentoring master students during their master thesis and/or pharmaceutical care (skills training for Pharmacists).
- You are willing to apply for an FWO doctoral fellowship to obtain external funding.
- You hold a Master degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Biochemistry, Biomedical or Veterinary Sciences or equivalent, or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- You must hold a FELASA C certificate (or take a course to obtain it).
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is October 1st 2021 or November 1st 2021.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including August 16th 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following date: September 8th 2021 (interview).
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Lynn Roth, 03/265.91.37, email@example.com
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Doctoral Scholarship Holders Chemistry, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Chemistry Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an inno...
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Aquatic Ecotoxicology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 5 days ago
Department: Department of Veterinary Sciences Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We off...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Hyperthermal Treatment In Cancerology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Molecular -Morphology-Microscopy Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offe...
Postdoc Position Dynamic X Ray Tomographic Image Reconstruction, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time Postdoc position in the field of dynamic X-ray Tomographic Image Reconstruction (f/m) Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The Universi...
Ph D Position In Pharmaceutical Reimbursement Policies (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
PhD position in Pharmaceutical Reimbursement Policies (1.0 FTE) Job description Do you wish to help inform the pharmaceutical reimbursement policies of the future? This PhD position offers a chall...
Eroad Scholarship For Māori And Pacific Students The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, about 15 hours ago
A Scholarship of up to $8,000 to encourage Māori and Pacific students enrolled in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering. About the scholarship Application sta...