Department : Department of Bioengineering
Regime : Full-time
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Bioscience Engineering in the Faculty of Science is looking for a full-time doctoral scholarship holder in the field of air purification technologies and strategies
- You work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of air purification technologies and strategies. You conduct research into efficient and sustainable air purification strategies and technologies, whereby this research is strongly based on models (Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD, Multiphysics, AQM). The research will be a combination of experimental design and modelling to, for example, optimize new reactors for air purification, integrate sensors in air purification strategies, or similar research in the broad domain.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the research group Sustainable Energy, Air and Water Technology.
- You compete for a doctoral grant in the field of combined air purification technologies
- You hold a Master degree in bioscience engineering, chemical engineering (catalysis) or environmental engineering, or you will have obtained it by the time you start working.
- Candidates must be holder of a diploma at least equivalent to a master's degree following a bachelor's degree and awarded by the competent institutions in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You can preferably demonstrate interest in computational modelling
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year. During this period you compete for an external doctoral grant under the supervision of the promoters of the research project.
- The planned start date is as soon as possible.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Groenenborger campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 15 November 2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact email@example.com
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.Apply
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Vaccination & Pregnancy, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
Department: Vaccine Trial Team & Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Diagnostics Regime Full-time The Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is loo...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder To Work On An Impact Evaluation Study In Eastern Dr Congo, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 19 days ago
Department: Institute of Development Policy (IOB) Regime Full-time The Institute of Development Policy (IOB) of the University of Antwerp is looking for a full-time (100%) Doctoral scholarship ho...
Ph D: Stall Induced Vibration And Vortex Induced Vibration Of Large Scale Wind Turbines, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
High wind sites are favourable for wind turbines/farms to maximize the power production. However, the maximal allowable wind velocity window for installation lies within 8-12 m/s due to the limita...
Ph D Student “In Depth Study Of Chalcogenide Materials For Photo Electrocatalytic Reduction Of Co2... (# Of Pos: 2), Hasselt University (UHasselt), Belgium, 19 days ago
Background http://www.uhasselt.be/IMO;%20https://www.energyville.be/ rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.uhasselt.be/IMO; Job">https://www.energyville.be/ Job content Within the ...
Ph D Scholarship In Wind Turbine Sound Controversies, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
In the Section for Society, Market and Policy (SMP) at DTU Wind Energy, we are now seeking a candidate for the PhD project on “Contested technification of the green transition: the case of wind tu...
Ph D Student In Infrainformatics With The Focus On Quantitative Logistics, Linköping University, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
Kunniga och engagerade medarbetare med goda förutsättningar är en av de absolut viktigaste framgångsfaktorerna för Linköpings universitet. Lärare och forskare är vår kärnkompetens, men ett framgån...