Department: Molecular -Morphology-Microscopy
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of ‘mVISION: Molecular – Morphology – Microscopy’ in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is looking for a full-time
doctoral scholarship holder in the field of hyperthermal treatment in cancerology
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of (Bio)Medical Sciences within the interfacultary research group Cell Biology and Histology (CBH: https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/research-groups/celw/ ) with the goal to investigate the synergic effect of hyperthermal treatment and conventional anticancer therapy and discover a potential biomarker that can predict sensitivity to heat treatment.
- You will publish the scientific findings in peer-reviewed international journals and you will report on your results through congress participation.
- You will also apply for externally funded scholarships.
- You will work closely with both academical and industrial partners.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks within CBH, such as assistance during practical histology sessions and daily supervision of a masterthesis.
- You hold a Master degree in Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, Veterinary Sciences or equivalent or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- You are proficient in verbal and written English.
- You are capable of summarizing data extracted from literature and of defining research objectives.
- You have passion for science, self-motivation, flexibility and team spirit.
- Experience with techniques such as cell culture, CAM model, qRT-PCR, fluorescence microscopy and/or bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation and provided the required budget is available, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1 January 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 25 October 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV .
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Interviews with the selected candidates will be organized the first half of December.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. John-Paul Bogers (email@example.com ) or Prof. Dr. Jean-Pierre Timmermans (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Infection Immunology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 8 days ago
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20,000 student...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Quantifying And Modelling The Impact Of Small Scale Water Retention..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, 7 days ago
Let's shape the future - University of Antwerp UAntwerpen and KULeuven, in collaboration with ILVO are looking for a full-time (100%) Joint Doctoral Scholarship holder in the field of quantifying ...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position In Stem Cell Based Treatment Of Blindness, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individual study plan. For a doctoral degree, the equivalent of...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Spinal Cord Regeneration (Scholarship), Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research team A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of András Simon at the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karoli...
Engineering Post Doctoral Position To Advance Single Organoid Analysis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 4 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term This project is pa...
Postdoctoral Researcher (Or Ph D Student) In Neuroimaging Neurophotonics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-727) Laatst aangepast : 1/10/2021 P. Vanden Berghe is responsible for the Lab. for Enteric NeuroScience (LENS) and the Cell & tissue Imaging Cluster (a KUL core facility). Apart fro...