Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Faculty of Law is looking for a full-time
Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Enforcement of laws on crypto-assets
- You work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the context of a collaboration between the research groups Business & Law and Law Enforcement. The wide-ranging subject of your PhD thesis is ‘Enforcement of laws on crypto-assets’ and can relate to the legal approach as to tracing of crypto-assets and linking crypto-assets to users so as to be able to effectively apply laws with respect to crypto-assets. The research focuses on financial and capital markets law, insolvency law, seizure and foreclosure law and criminal law. You can also choose a different perspective in line with the subject.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the research groups.
- You hold a Master degree in law or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You submit an English research proposal for the research you will be developing in one of the (see above). This proposal of maximum 5 pages includes the following headings: ‘state of the art’, ‘research objectives’, ‘methodology’ and ‘bibliography’. The proposal should allow you to successfully complete the PhD in 4 years.
The prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have a particular interest in scientific research in the field of ‘Enforcement of laws on crypto-assets’.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1 October 2021.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until Wednesday 26 May 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments:
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: Tuesday 1 June 2021.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. Robby Houben (email@example.com ), Prof. dr. Melissa Vanmeenen (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Prof. dr. Joëlle Rozie (email@example.com ).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Computational Materials Physics, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Physics Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innova...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Inorganic Chemistry – Black Titania Synthesis, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Chemistry Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an inno...
Ph D Position In Science Photo Electrochemical Dna Based Sensors, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Bioscience Engineering Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We ...
Doctoral Candidates Theatre, Media, And Science History, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Antwerp Research Institute for the Arts Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. ...
Ph D Student Warehousing, Hasselt University, Belgium, 2 days ago
The Faculty of Business Economics, capacity group Quantitative Methods, research group Logistics of Hasselt University seeks a (m/f/x) PhD student Warehousing Background The research group Logisti...
Ph D Researcher “The Embarrassment Of Riches? Inequality And The Dutch Material Culture. Amsterdam, 1581 1780”, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of History Regime Full-time We are looking for a PhD-researcher for 4 years. Your research is part of the FWO-project “The embarrassment of riches? Inequality and the Dutch ...