Department: Vaccine & infectious disease institute
The Laboratory of Experimental Hematology (LEH), part of the Vaccine & Infectious Disease Institute (VAXINFECTIO) of the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, is looking for a full-time (100%)
Doctoral scholarship holder in the field of CAR-T cell immunotherapy for hematological malignancies
- You will work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of CAR-T cell-based immunotherapy for hematological malignancies, with a focus on multiple myeloma.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You hold a Master degree recognized by the EU (or you will have obtained it by the time you start work) in one of the following disciplines: Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- Strong interest in basic research; cancer immunology, cellular immunity, cell therapy, gene engineering, and/or molecular biology.
- You have practical skills/are interested in cellular biology (including sterile mammalian cell culture, non-viral transfection, flow cytometry, cell sorting) and in molecular biology (including plasmid vector design, plasmid linearization, in vitro transcription of mRNA, PCR).
- You have general knowledge on experimental planning and data (statistical) analysis.
- You are solution-oriented and a critical thinker.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills; excellent command of academic English (written, oral and comprehension) is highly desirable.
- You can work independently as well as in a team.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year. You are expected to apply for a doctoral grant of the Research Fund – Flanders (FWO), or equivalent, in 2022 to secure funding for the remainder of the scholarship.
- The planned start date is 1 August 2021 or as soon as possible after that date (no later than 01 October 2021).
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at the Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, located at the Antwerp University Hospital in Edegem, Belgium in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 31 May 2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Eva Lion (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Prof. Dr. Sébastien Anguille (email@example.com ).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Interdisciplinary Ph D Position In Quantitative Cell Biology And Biochemistry, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic PhD candidate with a strong background in cell biology, (bio)chemistry, (bio)physics or closely related fields to join the Cell Cycle Dynamic...
Ph D Candidate Rheumatology B Cells In Autoimmune Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Systemic autoimmune diseases are often characterized by the presence of autoreactive B-cells and antibodies. Given the efficacy of B cell targeted therapies, combined with the presence of prognost...
Ph D Scholarship In Fish Health Research, Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Norway, 13 days ago
The Norwegian Veterinary Institute, Section for Fish Health research, has a vacant 3-year PhD scholarship linked to a project on red blood cell responses and blood biomarkers in salmonids. The pos...
Ph D / Post Doc In Biophysics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 10 hours ago
03.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal Living cells rely on the ability of the cytoskeleton to continuously form and destroy diverse structures, which is strongly coupled to the adhesion processe...
Ph D Pharmaceutical Aspects Of Cellular Therapies, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, 5 days ago
The PhD student will join the BioTherapeutics Unit (BTU) which is part of the Hospital Pharmacy of the Netherlands Cancer Institute. Our research is focused on the pharmaceutical development and c...
Ph D On Electrokinetically Driven Microchips For Immuno Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
At the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we currently have a vacancy for a postdoc in the field of microfluidics. To investigate the crosstalk betw...