The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Philosophy for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of video games and representations of psychiatric diagnoses
In the NeuroEpigenEthics team of the Centre for Ethics .
For the project Experiencing Difference. What can we learn from video games regarding the experience of psychiatric diagnoses.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of video games and the representation of psychiatric diagnoses.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Philosophy.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in philosophy and/or cultural studies and/or arts or equivalent.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy .
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have knowledge of Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch. Experience with qualitative research and an interest in video games are a plus.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of the scholarship will be between May 1st 2020 and October 1st 2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.447,20 to € 2.596,27;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online , until the closing date February 14th , 2020 and should include a copy of your CV and a coverletter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place between February 17th and March 1st , 2020.
- More information about the online application form can be obtained from [email protected] .
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Kristien Hens, [email protected] .
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Acorn Foundation Adult Learner Scholarship For Women, University of Waikato, New Zealand, 4 days ago
223days left to apply Value: $3,000 Study Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research), Other Subject Area: Any Closing Date: 30 Sep 2020 Eligibility For female students wh...
Ph D Position , Umeå University, Sweden, 3 days ago
The Department of Clinical Microbiology is looking for a candidate for a PhD position in Medical Science towards Immunology Project - description Despite major advances in health care, the diagnos...
Ph D Scholarship In Quantitative Longitudinal Analysis Of Social Protection, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
(ref. BAP-2020-113) Laatst aangepast : 21/02/2020 HIVA - Research Institute for Work and Society is a multidisciplinary research institute of KU Leuven. We are a team of more than 60 university re...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, 4 days ago
Job description The Laboratory of Protistology and Aquatic Ecology (Ghent University) invites applications for a fully-funded PhD studentship for 1 year and extended with another 3 years (after po...
Ph D Position Within Minimized Plume Dispersion Through Natural Flo Cculation (Plumefloc Project) (Ci Tg20.07), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
PhD Position within Minimized PLUME dispersion through natural FLOCculation (PLUMEFLOC-project) Department/faculty: Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: University Graduate Working hou...
Doctoral Fellow, Ghent University, Belgium, 4 days ago
Job description This PhD position is within a EU Horizon 2020 project called FASTWATER. The project focuses on methanol, as a clean fuel for shipping. Methanol is available in large quantities in ...