For a project focused on the socioeconomic evaluation of e-Health interventions for depression, and cognitive training procedures in particular, we are hiring a PhD Fellow for a period of 4 years. Following this period and successful defense of the PhD dissertation, the candidate will acquire a PhD in Psychology.
This project builds upon previous and ongoing work in the Psychopathology and Affective Neuroscience lab of Ghent University where we found cognitive training procedures to be effective in reducing depression vulnerability in remitted depressed patients. Within the project, you will strongly collaborate with other PhD Fellows, postdocs, psychologists, health economists, and patient organizations. Among your duties are:
- conducting research activities focused on the evaluation of the societal impact of cognitive deficits in the context of depression;
- conducting a health economic evaluation of a gamified cognitive training procedure and broader e-Health interventions in the context of depression;
- activities focused on the implementation of e-Health interventions for depression;
- providing practical assistance to other research activities within the broader project, among which: recruitment and screening of remitted depressed participants, and preparation of experimental and clinical studies (e.g., ethical committee application, data management);
- conducting statistical analyses relevant to the main research questions of the project;
- dissemination of research findings in the form of conference presentations, peer reviewed journal articles, and a doctoral thesis;
- science communication.
What we offer
- A contract for four years of full-time employment as a PhD Fellow, subject to positive evaluation after one year. Note that: (a) if you were already appointed as a PhD Fellow in Flanders, this will be reduced from the maximum term of employment; (b) candidates who already hold a PhD (independent of the domain) cannot be hired as PhD Fellows and as such are not eligible for this position;
- An internationally competitive salary that corresponds to the salary scales for PhD students as established by the Flemish government (https://www.ugent.be/nl/vacatures/salarisschalen );
- Earliest starting date: 1st of November 2021;
- Office space at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Science of Ghent University and a solid and engaging academic working environment with a strong international profile;
- The possibility to acquire transferable and specialist skills as part of a Doctoral School program;
- Professional support for those applying to the many funding schemes at local, regional and European levels;
- Additional benefits, among which 35 days off in addition to fixed bridging days, bicycle allowance, etc. For an overview see https://www.ugent.be/nl/vacatures/personeelsvoordelen.htm .
- You hold a Master degree in Psychology (Clinical or Experimental), a Master of Science in Health Care Management and Policy, a Master of Science in Health Education and Health Promotion, or equivalent. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You are interested in conducting research in the field of experimental psychopathology (cognitive control training) or health economics, with a specific focus on e-Health interventions for depression;
- You are keen on collaborating with other PhD-students and postdoctoral researchers within the Psychopathology and Affective Neuroscience lab of Ghent University and Ghent University Hospital.
We expect that the successful applicant will:
- write and successfully defend a PhD dissertation within the four years of the fellowship (PhD in Psychology);
- contribute to the strong research tradition of the lab, the department, and the university by pursuing excellence in their research and by publishing their results in journals and with publishers that are internationally accepted as being of the highest quality;
- for international candidates: will come and live in Belgium, work together with the other team members, and contribute to a pleasant and stimulating atmosphere;
- will contribute to the scholarly activities of the department and will provide service to the department.
How to apply
Applications should be sent by email to the Principal Investigator Prof. dr. Ernst Koster (Ernst.Koster@UGent.be ) before 14 October 2021, 11:30 PM. We will not accept late applications.
Applications should include (as PDF):
1. a cover letter highlighting why the applicant is interested in this project, how it resonates with their own expertise, what relevant experience/knowledge they have, and what added value they expect to bring;
2. a full curriculum vitae (including accurate information on grades and study results, e.g. official results lists if available);
3. A copy of your degree. In case you obtained your degree outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must also be submitted. Please see www.naricvlaanderen.be ;
4. If available, a sample of published work or the applicant’s MA dissertation or other relevant writing samples.
When applying for the position by e-mail, please make sure that the combined size of the attachments does not exceed 10 MB.
For more information regarding this position, do not hesitate to contact Prof. dr. Ernst Koster (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Postdoctoral Position On Numerical Modelling Of Textile Materials Using Finite Element Analysis, Ghent University, Belgium, 6 days ago
All information regarding this job offer and how to apply can be found on: https://www.ugent.be/ea/match/textiles/en/about-us/jobs.htm Where You will work at the ‘Centre for Textile Science and En...
Ph D Student Department Of Information Technology, Ghent University, Belgium, 17 days ago
Last application date Jul 01, 2022 00:00 Department TW05 - Department of Information Technology Contract Limited duration Degree Masters degree from a university, preferably in Electronics Enginee...
2 Ph D Students “Beyond Kalman Neural Network Controlled Smart Digital Filters” (# Of Pos: 2), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 7 days ago
We are looking to hire two PhD students under projects 5 and 6 of the 'Beyond Kalman Neural Network-controlled Smart Digital Filters' work package (WP2) in the RAISE (Robust AI for safe (radar) si...
Junior Lecturer / Ph D Candidate In Developmental Psychology, Radboud University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place...
Ph D Student (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research inst...
Ph D Position Developmental Psychology: Successful Aging (0,8 1 Fte, 4 Years), Tilburg University, Netherlands, 10 days ago
The department of Developmental Psychology has four PhD positions available that will strengthen ongoing research areas in the fields of development, transitions, psychopathology, lifespan and agi...