The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is is seeking to fill part-time (35%) vacancy in the Department of Veterinary Sciences for a
Doctoral assistant in the area of veterinary physiology and biochemistry
- You contribute to teaching in the field of veterinary physiology, pathophysiology and husbandry: you are responsible for supporting, designing, updating and improving the practical sessions “Veterinary Physiology”. You take part in educational activities and excursions. You take initiative in the innovation of education.
- You perform research in the domain of (assisted) reproduction within the research line “maternal metabolic disorders and the consequences for fertility and health of the offspring.” You develop new research strategies, actively acquire research funding, supervise master- and PhD students in the laboratory.
- You assist the ZAP-staff of the University with their tasks of (clinical) services.
Profile and requirements
- You are a Veterinarian with a Master- and PhD degree in (reproductive) physiology.
- You have an extended list of published articles from which your expertise and International experience is evident.
- You can prove that you have independent and mature research competences.
- You have elaborate expertise in veterinary reproductive physiology. Preferentially, your research expertise and vision is closely related to the research line of the laboratory. You have extensive experience in laboratory techniques. Experience in IVF and embryo technology are recommended.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a post-doctoral researcher.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy .
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have proficient social and communication skills and you are a team player.
- You have didactic experience.
- You have proficient knowledge of computer software regarding text and data processing, layout of PowerPoint presentations and basic principles of statistics.
- You are flexible in labour times and willing to travel for work.
- You have basic knowledge of Dutch and provide proof of your willingness to improve the Dutch language. You are proficient in English writing and speaking.
- a 35% appointment as doctoral assistant for a period of three years, with a possibility of renewal for a further three-year period after positive evaluation. At a yearly basis, it will be investigated whether a further addition of the appointment is possible based on the available (external) funding;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.134,93 tot € 6.446,00;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online , until the closing date 16 June 2019.
- Your application contains a research plan (max 2500 words), written in English. In this plan you expand on the additive value of your expertise for the research line. You furthermore describes your strategy in research for the coming three years and you describe the most important opportunities for research funding.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org .
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. dr. Peter Bols, email@example.com (head of research unit / head of department) or Prof. dr. Jo Leroy, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research .
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Bashford Nicholls Trust Scholarships, Lincoln University, New Zealand, about 16 hours ago
Back Scholarships are available to students who are studying or planning to study agriculture or veterinary science or undertaking postgraduate research in these areas. Undergraduate student awar...
Ph D Position, Intertidal Areas In The Suspended Matter Behaviour In The Schelde Estuary, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 1 day ago
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Biology for a doctoral student in the area of estuarine ecology PhD grant Role of intertidal areas in the ...
Ph D Position, Microbiome Structure Of Warmed Grasslands , University of Antwerp, Belgium, 1 day ago
The Plants and Ecosystems Research group (PLECO) of the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science offers a vacancy for a full-time PhD position, Microbiome structure of warmed grasslands Descripti...
Ph D Position, Nonlinear Optical Nano Hybrid Materials Towards Bio Imaging Applications, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 5 days ago
At the physics department of the University of Antwerp (UA), Belgium, a PhD student position is available in the Laboratory for Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, in collaboration with the Bru...
Ph D Position (Tv L E13/65 %) , Technische Universität München, Germany, about 15 hours ago
20.09.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal The lab “Parasite Immunology” at the Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene (MIH) at Technical University Munich is offering a PhD Posit...
Student Assistant "The Political Economy Of Coal Policy" 20%, University of Basel, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
Student Assistant "The Political Economy of Coal Policy" 20% Start date: October 15, 2019. Duration of the contract: 1 year with a 3-month probation period. Afterwards extendable for another 8 mon...