Ghent University has signed a cooperation agreement with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to stimulate Ghent University as host institution for Chinese PhD students. This cooperation agreement will last for 5 years from 1 August 2018 until 31 July 2023.
In the framework of this cooperation agreement Ghent University exempts all admitted CSC PhD students (CSC personal & preference scholarship) from paying tuition & bench fees and offers an extra research allowance towards 10 CSC preference scholarship students.
Ghent University Preference programme for Chinese PhD CSC candidates
Who can apply for this call
This call is highly competitive. To be eligible candidates must prove to:
- A weighted bachelor study result translated into a score/100 (with a minimum of 85/100)
Students who only have a GPA must always indicate the maximum score that can be obtained (e.g. …/3, …/4,…/5) and must add an official attestation of the used grading/credit system + conversion scale into a 100 percentage scale. If needed, students are advised to contact the student administration of their respective universities to attest their study result into a score/100. Without this information the application will not be considered eligible.
- have a master degree/be in the final year of their master studies/have been enrolled as PhD student.
- plan to apply for a CSC PhD scholarship in 2023
(!)Candidates who already have obtained a CSC scholarship are not eligible.
(!) (Exchange) CSC students who intend to obtain a PhD degree at their Chinese home university only, are not eligible .
Ghent University preselection
- Ghent University ranks the candidates based on their bachelor's results.
- subsequently, candidates are further ranked on the basis of the institutions they studied at (bachelor and/or master/PhD)
- Priority is given to candidates who have studied at a Chinese university/institution mentioned in the list of Double First Class University Project.
- In addition, priority is given to candidates from Ghent University's partner universities on this list.
- Please note (!) that Ghent University will preselect a maximum of 2 candidates from the same university.
- Ghent University partner universities listed on the Double First Class University project
How to apply for this call
- Application forms must be submitted (in English) electronically via e-mail to BOFapplication@ugent.be
- alongside the application form, the Ghent University supervisor must send a separate questionnaire on the ethical & biosafety context of the proposed PhD research (also available on this website) .
Application for the Ghent University CSC preference programme & admission as a PhD student
Personal or preference CSC scholarship?
- All eligible CSC applicants who have the support of a Ghent University supervisor and are admitted as future PhD student can apply for a CSC personal scholarship in China.
- Only future CSC applicants who have secured a preselection for the Ghent University CSC preference scholarship can apply for the CSC preference scholarship in China. These applicants must also have the support of a Ghent University professor and must be admitted a future PhD student at Ghent University.
- CSC applicants need to choose between the different available CSC scholarships. Students who were nominated by the UGent in the framework of the CSC preference programme but who ultimately do not obtain a CSC preference scholarship, can no longer apply for another CSC scholarship (e.g. personnel) in the same year.
- Deadline Ghent University preselection : 17 January 2023
- Deadline CSC preference programme: spring 2023, check the CSC website.
- The co-financing is available from 1 October 2023 and amounts to the number of months CSC grant x € 310
For questions on the Ghent University Preference programme at CSC please contact: BOF@UGent.be
For general questions on CSC personal scholarship applications: please contact: email@example.com
Call and application forms
Final report : within three months following upon the end of the grant a final scientific/scholarly report has to be sent electronically to BOFapplication@UGent.be . The promoter and co-promoter (if applicable) are included in this e-mail (either as sender, or in CC).
China Scholarship Council (Csc) / University Of Warwick Scholarships, University of Warwick, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
China Scholarship Council (CSC) / University of Warwick Scholarships The University is delighted to announce the China Scholarships Council (CSC) / University of Warwick Scholarships. For entry in...
Ph D Assessing And Improving The Sustainability Of Medicines Over Their Life Cycle (24739) ..., Ghent University, Belgium, 11 days ago
→ Apply before 17/10/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time) → Faculty of Bioscience Engineering → Department: BW24 - Groene Chemie en Technologie → Occupancy rate: 100% → Number of positions...
Ph D In Performance Modeling And Optimization Of Future Wi Fi Networks For Real Time Low Latency..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, 24 days ago
Job description Imec imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology ...
Ph D Student Department Of Structural Engineering And Building Materials, Ghent University, Belgium, 25 days ago
Last application date Oct 03, 2022 00:00 Department TW14 - Department of Structural Engineering and Building Materials Contract Limited duration Degree Master of Science in Civil Engineering or St...
Ph D Vacancy In Design Of Next Generation Wi Fi On Software Defined Radio, Ghent University, Belgium, 20 days ago
Type vacature OAP Job title PhD Student Department Department of Information Technology Occupancy rate 100% Type of contract Limited duration Closing date 12/31/22 Diploma Masters degree from a un...
Ph D Student Department Of Veterinary And Biosciences, Ghent University, Belgium, 13 days ago
Last application date Oct 14, 2022 00:00 Department DI07 - Department of Veterinary and Biosciences Contract Limited duration Degree Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences, Bioscience engineerin...