6 Sep 2023
Graz University of Technology
Institute of Urban Water Management and Landscape Water Engineering
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
14 Oct 2023 - 22:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Dec 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
2150 / 2023 / 6552
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Participating in research projects related to sustainable development, adaptation and transformation of urban water infrastructures and model- and data-based optimization of water supply systems
- Involvement in university teaching, like Bachelor's and Master's projects, urban water management bachelor courses
- Further the support of administrative activities at the institute, like updates of the web page content or asisting at workshops or small conferences, which are organized by the institute
- A dissertation is possible and desired within the scope of the employment
- Completed master's degree or diploma in civil engineering, water resources management, or environmental sciences
We offer an annual gross salary of at least € 45,882.20 for a fulltime position. An overpayment based on qualification and experience is possible.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the proportion of women, in particular in management and academic staff, and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women if applicants are equally qualified.
Graz University of Technology actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (Anti-discrimination).
People with disabilities and who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
The Institute focuses on "Water in Environmental Protection" in teaching, research and in the public domain. The waste-water and waste management team deals with collection and draining of waste water and rain water in urban areas as well as with anthropogenic influences on water quality and the necessary measures of treatment. Our waste-water lab performs chemical and physical analyses of waste water and carries out experiments on scaled designs. The water supply and soil water team deals with water usage (water supply for urban areas, agriculture and wetlands), water control (drainage in agriculture, prevention of erosion, protection against floods, debris flow and avalanches) as well as with water protection (maintenance and regeneration of waters and wetlands, soil protection, sewage sludge). Furthermore the Institute is working in the field of hydrology in teaching and in research as well. Two experimental basins are managed in an urban as well as in a rural region.
Graz University of Technology is the longest-established university of technology in Austria. Here, successful teams of students, talented up-and-coming scientists, ambitious researchers and a lively start-up scene enjoy an inspirational environment as well as access to top-quality equipment. And all this in one of the most innovative and livable regions in Europe. TU Graz offers an inspiring working environment with outstanding infrastructure and service-oriented university management.
Graz University of Technology, Institute of Urban Water Management and Landscape Engineering, Stremayrgasse 10/I, 8010 Graz, Austria
phone: +43 316 873 8371; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Field
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following topics/methods:
- Modelling of urban water management systems, in particular water supply
- Application of methods like MCDA, Co-Creation, Serious Gaming,...to support decision making processes
- Data-based methods for forecasting urban water management (resources, water demand in urban areas, weather extremes, ...)
- Good language skills in German (at least level B1) and very good English skills (at least level C1)
- Research Field
- Years of Research Experience
- 1 - 4
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Institute of Urban Water Management and Landscape Water Engineering
- Postal Code
- Rechbauerstraße 12
Where to apply
- Postal Code
(+43) 316 873 8378
Ph D Position Pathogen Transport And Fate Modelling In Riverbank Filtration, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Challenge: Pathogen transport and fate in riverbank filtration systems Change: Modeling heterogeneous pathogen populations in a heterogeneous subsurface Impact: Sustainable drinking water treatmen...
Ph D On Miniaturized Microscopy For The Continuous Biosensing Of Water Pollutants, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Applied Physics and Science Education Reference number V34.7098 Job description Topic background Water contamination affects animal life and threatens the s...
Ph D Position On Spatio Temporal Dynamics Of Pollutants In Urban Ponds (M/F/X), Leibniz, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The research groups Organic Contaminants and Landscape Ecohydrology in the Department of Ecohydrology and Biogeochemistry of IGB in Berlin (Friedrichshagen) invite applications for a 3-year PhD ...
Ph D On Electrified Co2 Capture Process To Achieve Net Zero Emission (Ecctaze), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
In our research group Membrane Materials and Processes we have a PhD position available on Electrified CO2 Capture process To Achieve net Zero Emission (Ecctaze). Irène Curie Fellowship No Departm...
Ph D Position In Frequency Modulated Optical Phased Array For Fast Co2 Sensing , ; Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 8 days ago
Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) is a 1-3D sensing technology that can be used for remote sensing of e.g. distance, velocity or chemical composition of a gas or solid. Typically, LiDAR designs ...
Two Ph D Positions Within The Department Of Chemistry , University of Basel, Switzerland, 12 days ago
We are seeking two highly motivated and ambitious PhD candidates (100%) focusing on the exploration of biological water at subzero temperatures. These positions are part of an ERC Starting Grant P...