- as soon as possible
- for 5 years, possibility for a permanent position depending on requirement and performance evaluation
We are looking for a Senior Scientist with doctorate (full time). In this interesting and responsible position, you will be involved in all aspects of research, teaching and administration of the chair for chemical engineering and material process technology of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Oliver Strube. We offer you the opportunity to establish your own, complementary research focus, as well as independent teaching in chemical engineering and participatation in all relevant tasks of the chair. The main tasks in detail:
- Independent research in the fields of chemical process engineering and / or non-metallic materials science. The specific research direction must be complementary to that of the chair holder .
- Participation in research tasks at the chair .
- Acquisition of research projects and third-party funding .
- Cooperation with industrial partners, in particular project management, networking and representation of the chair holder .
- Independent teaching of chemical engineering courses in German and English
- Participation in research, teaching and administrative tasks
- Laboratory management including supervision of sensitive analytical devices, especially AFM and SEM .
- Participation in congresses and meetings and further education, also on behalf of the chair holder .
- A close and long-term cooperation with the chair holder Prof. Dr. Oliver Strube is planned.
- Relevant diploma or master’s degree (grade: very good) in chemical engineering, non-metallic materials science or chemistry with a technical or applied specialization .
- Completed relevant doctoral degree / PhD in the field of chemical engineering, non-metallic materials science or chemistry with a technical or applied focus .
- Relevant research experience, proven by numerous publications in international, refereed journals as "first author" and / or "corresponding author", and ideally in addition through relevant patents.
- Experience in the independent operation of high-resolution (electron) microscopes is advantageous .
- Proof of successful acquisition of several third-party funded projects .
- Experience in management of third-party funded projects .
- Experience in supervising final theses, including at least master's theses .
- Experience in university teaching in chemical engineering or related areas, ideally own lecture experience .
- Excellent written and spoken German and English language skills.
- Teamwork, commitment in dealing with students, communication skills, confidentiality
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Ph D Student In Electron Microscopy Of Catalytic Clusters, Empa, Switzerland, about 16 hours ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Postdoc Position In Nanotechnology For Water Purification, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 9 days ago
Department of Molecular Sciences A two-year postdoc position is available at the Department of Molecular Sciences at SLU, Uppsala for development of nanotechnologies for water purification with fo...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, about 4 hours ago
Job description To a large extent the properties of a metal product are determined by its microstructural features. For conventionally processed metal alloys a large body of literature is availabl...
Ph D Position In Materials For Solid State Li Metal Batteries , NTNU, Norway, about 4 hours ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Postdoctoral Position Enzymatic Depolymerization And Characterization Of Synthetic Polymers, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 18 days ago
Faculty of Science - Van't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences The Faculty of Science has a student body of around 7,000, as well as 1,600 members of staff working in education, research or sup...
Ph D Position On Hydroborate Based All Solid State Batteries, Empa, Switzerland, about 16 hours ago
Empa’s Laboratory Materials for Energy Conversion focuses on materials and device innovation for sustainable energy conversion and storage technologies. We are offering a To surpass state-of-the-a...