Job ID: OeAI056PD122
The Austrian Archaeological Institute, Department for Prehistory & West Asian/Northeast African Archaeology (OeAI ) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW ), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a
Postdoc Position (f*m) in Quaternary Archaeology
(full-time, 40h per week)
For a period of 1 year with the possibility of a 5-year extension (1+5 years), starting October 1, 2022.
The successful candidate will be part of the research group »Quaternary Archaeology« of Dr. Thomas Einwögerer and is expected to focus on the long-term investigation of the Palaeolithic societies with emphasis on Central Europe. At the same time the position provides the opportunity for the development of own projects in global context.
The applicant is expected to have:
- A PhD in prehistoric archeology on a Palaeolithic topic
- A documented background of field experience on Palaeolithic (preferably Upper Palaeolitic) sites, experience in working with databases (data entry, management, and analyses), and the willingness to apply these abilities on current and future excavations
- Well-founded knowledge of the Palaeolithic in Europe
- Abilities and willingness to successfully develop and submit projects for third-party funding
- Significant experience in technotypological analysis of lithic artefact assemblages
- Abilities and willingness to participate in interdisciplinary co-operations and publication activity
- Fluent command of German and English (additional language skills are desirable)
- Excellent IT knowledge (MS Office, Zoom, Adobe, GIS, CAD etc.)
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Participation in ongoing and future projects and field work of the research group »Quaternary Archaeology«
- Participation in the development of new projects and co-operations of the research group in Austria and Europe
- Development of own international/global projects in the field of Palaeolithic archaeology
- Maintenance and quality control of digital bibliographies, publication repositories and longterm data archiving/repositories
- Assistance in leading the research group and its organization
- Editorial assistance of research group related publications and disseminations to the general public
- Excellent opportunities to work in a lively research environment and collaborate with international experts in the fields related to the research group.
- An annual gross salary of € 54.018,02
Applications include (1) curriculum vitae, (2) list of publications, (3) statement of the applicant's research experience (max 2 pages) as well as an outline of future research interests, (4) certificates for full academic record, and (5) three names of references with the full contact information. Please send the application in PDF format, mentioning Job ID: OeAI056PD122, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 15, 2022.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Ph D Scholarship On The Zooarchaeology Of Southwest Asia (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Scholarship opportunities The Faculty of Arts at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands offers a four-year PhD studentship to complete a PhD on the zooarchaeology of Southwest Asia. The prop...
Ph D Position Iron Age Archaeology, University of Bergen, Norway, about 16 hours ago
PhD position - Iron Age Archaeology søk stillingen se annonse UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally –...
Ph D Scholarships School Of Art History (Museum And Heritage Studies) 2022 Entry , University of St Andrews ;, Sao Tome and Principe, 18 days ago
The University of St Andrews is pleased to offer two PhD scholarships to support exceptional students undertaking doctoral research in the following project: Shared Island Stories between Scotland...
Ph D Position Cognitive Neuroscience/Neurolinguistics , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 21 hours ago
Department of Comparative Language Science PhD position cognitive Neuroscience/Neurolinguistics 60 % The research at the Institute of Comparative Linguistics covers various areas, including psychol...
Ph D Position (2), UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
VDS MES 4TH CALL SPRING 2022 The Doctoral School in Microbiology and Environmental Sciences of the University of Vienna offers 2 fully funded PhD positions in diverse research areas ranging from m...
Ph D Lower Limb Prostheses: Optimal Human In The Loop Co Adaptation (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Organisation Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research...