5 May 2023
Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck
- Research Field
Physics » Quantum mechanics
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
15 May 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Brussels)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
5 May 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Job ID: IQOQIIBK046DOC123
The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK ) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW ), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, dedicates its work to theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum science. IQOQI is pleased to invite applications for a
PhD Student Position (f/m/x)
(part-time, 30h per week)
in the IQOQI research group “Many-Body Quantum Optics”, led by Prof. Hannes Pichler.
- Work on theory of quantum optical many-body systems and their application for quantum information processing tasks.
- Writing scientific publications
- Tutor bachelor and master students
- Attendance of conferences and workshops
- Supporting the group in administrative tasks
- Master's degree in physics with excellent academic records
- Highly motivated student with strong interested in quantum science
- Strong background in quantum optics, quantum information and/or condensed matter physics
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Fulfillment of the official requirements for PhD students of the University of Innsbruck
- Research on the forefront of quantum science
- World class, stimulating research environment
- Possibility to work in a young, diverse team
- Flextime arrangement
- Numerous social benefits for employees
We offer an annual gross salary of € 34.606,85, according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
We invite you to send your application, including a letter of motivation, contact details of at least two referees, your curriculum vitae and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org , mentioning Job ID: IQOQIIBK046DOC123, no later than May 15th ,2023. Applications are considered until the position is filled.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Research Field
- Physics » Quantum mechanics
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck
Where to apply
Dr. Ignaz Seipel Platz 2
- Postal Code
Ph D Position In Quantum Information Science With Superconducting Circuits, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student to join our ongoing research efforts in experimental quantum information science using superconducting circuits. The expected start date for this ...
Ph D Students In Quantum Computing With Superconducting Circuits , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 20 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The ETH Zurich - PSI Quantum Computing Hub is looking for highly motivated PhD students in fault-tolerant quantum computing with superconducting circuits. Project backgrou...
Ph D Scholarship In Multi Qubit Quantum Photonic Devices – Dtu Electro, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Are you a talented and ambitious researcher? Are you excited about quantum science and technology? Do you enjoy finding working solutions to great challenges? You are then welcome to apply for an ...
Ph D Position (Dc1) On Qu Nest Quantum & Classical Optical Signal Co Propagation, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6935 Job description For the High-Capacity Optical Transmission Laboratory (HCOT) at Eindhoven University of Tec...
Ph D Position On Coherent Feedback Control Of Nanomechanical Oscillators (P2307) , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 4 hours ago
Your position Feedback is a powerful control technique in the classical and quantum domain. The conventional strategy relies on performing a measurement, classical (usually electronic) signal proc...
Ph D Position In Quantum Simulation And Computing With Arrays Of Single Sr Atoms , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Are you a eager to push quantum simulation and computing to new levels in a lively, international research group? Our Strontium Quantum Gases Group is offering a PhD position on our Sr tweezer p...