The research group of Thomas Vogl (https://scholar.google.at/citations?hl=de&user=jua0UDgAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate ) at the Center for Cancer Research at the Medical University of Vienna is looking for a PhD student candidate working on a project at the intersection of immunology, microbiome, and cancer research. We offer a fully funded PhD position with an expected duration of 3 to 4 years.
Our group studies how adaptive immune responses (antibodies in particular) against microbiota modulate human health and how these processes influence the response to cancer treatments. We use high-throughput immunoassays, liquid handling robots, and next generation sequencing to profile patients’ immune systems. These datasets are analyzed by bioinformatics and machine learning methodologies. Building on a novel, massively parallel phage display technology, this project will investigate the role of antibody repertoires against microbiota in cancer.
Start date: 1st of September 2022 (with some flexibility)
- Exciting translational research using cutting edge technologies (functional antibody repertoire profiling using liquid handling robots, microbiome, NGS, machine learning…)
- Multi-national and interdisciplinary open work environment
- State of the art equipment in house
- Outstanding core facilities and lab support services (media kitchen, autoclaving etc.)
- Internationally competitive salary with full benefits
- completed MSc. degree (or soon to be completed) in in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biotechnology, bioinformatics, or similar fields
- laboratory experience, especially molecular biology/microbiology (PCRs, sterile working etc.)
- experience with immunoassays (ELISAs), microbiome data, next generation sequencing, liquid handling robots, or coding (Python) advantageous (but not required)
- interest to learn about data science & bioinformatics
- good written and oral communication skills in English
- team spirit and independent problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should send their application (motivation letter, CV, contact details of two references, scans of transcripts (including grades) and diplomas) to thomas.vogl[@]aon.at
Ph D Position In Metagenomics, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
Published: 2022-09-27 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position In Computational Screening Of Cancer Mutations, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individual study plan. For a doctoral degree, the equivalent of...
Ph D Position In Detection Of Bacterial Pathogens, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 3 days ago
We are looking for Do you want to improve the safety of our food chain? Do you get excited to explore molecular microbiological techniques to detect pathogens? We are looking for a PhD student who...
Ph D Position In Medical Sciences With A Research Profile In Radiation Physics , Umeå University, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
Umeå University is one of Sweden’s largest institutions of higher education with over 37,000 students and 4,800 faculty and staff. We are characterised by world-leading research in several scienti...
One Or More Ph D Stipends In Cloud Connected Bionic Limbs (21 22073), Aalborg University, Denmark, 4 days ago
One or more PhD stipends in Cloud-Connected Bionic Limbs (21-22073) At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Health Science and Technology one or more PhD stipends are available within the doctor...
Ph D Candidate In Neural Machine Translation, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 13 days ago
PhD candidate in Neural Machine Translation PhD candidate in Neural Machine Translation Published Deadline Location 21 Sep 9 Oct Maastricht The Department of Advanced Computing Sciences (DACS) at ...